starting over again

Options
m2nc
m2nc Posts: 51 Member
Hi I am starting this all over again.. from when I started last summer I wasn't very faithful. I have a habit of not sticking to diets and losing weight I want to lose. I had done well losing inches and slimming down for a bit as I was running ( ran my very first 10k for my 42nd birthday!) and ran a few others but hurt my foot in Novemeber and lost my rhythm... plantar fascitits is my enemy and very painful. So I was very delenquent in my diet and exercise as I love to run ( it is not alway pretty but I used to "get er done" ) with recovering from the injury I wasn't doing it! Now I have paid.. clothes are tighter and my scale has risen.. grrr. ( kicking it with the other foot doesn't help either.. I tried it a few time! LOL) I have 2 ladies I run with in the neighborhood and now that we hope spring is approaching ( living in NS Canada it ihas been a wet, cold winter and I am so done with it!) we are getting out more regularly. I have my supports for my foot and am making it my goal to do this again. I have signed up for my first run this year.. a year after my very first run so hoping to better my time from last year. I want to get 10 k done in under an hour, I want to lose 35 lbs now since I put more on from when I first started =( and I want to eat healthier to show my family that we can all do this together. My husband and I struggle with weight issues ( he cannot run with me due to knee issues) and I want my kids to not have to face what we do. So far they are very very active and both slim and fit. I hope they stay that way. I guess I just need to put this on "paper" to see it as a commitment to get things going again. I hope I don't fall back into my regular giving up on this exercise routine and whine that I don't lose.. I have to do something. I do not want to develop diabetes which runs in my family and need to lse this weight and need to get fit so I can spend a long life with my man. Just have to stick with this for at least 3 weeks pushing myself to log in every day and follow suit.. 3 weeks of doing something makes it a habit.. and I want this to be a good habit. WHew got that off my chest and now I hope to get out for a run or bike this morning since the sun is out ! YEAH!!