I am officially commited and addicted to MFP--who's with me?

Options
Hey everyone!!!

I can't express how excited I am to be a part of this community. Every post I read, you guys are so nice and positive and not to mention very motivational. I have joined MFP a year ago, but wasn't commited at all. I really fell off the tracks. Probably, because I didn't have friends who joined with me on the experience. However, I have watched the pounds slowly creep up on me and I have had enough! I have commited to MFP for a week now and have lost close to two pounds, and I am EXSTATIC!!! I know it isn't much, but its a big deal to me. I'm getting married in November, and would like to look fit for my BIG DAY. My only problem is I need friends!!!! I have 2 on here :ohwell: ..that I met through the site. Don't get me wrong....they are GREAT!! I would like to read blogs, posts, etc. And congratulate people for their successes. Not to mention, reading the blogs to motivate me more to lose weight. So anyone that would like to add me, it would be greatly appreciated :happy: . I like having friends!

Also, going off topic here. But, what are the best workout shoes? What are your thoughts? Thanks :) Happy counting!

Love,

Lauren

Replies

• pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren!

I just joined MFP on Tuesday and I find myself constantly checking and updating my moment to moment eating and exercise habits. I am totally with you on this addiction! I wish you luck and everyone else who has come here to try and better their health, body and mind! So far this has been a great motivator and I am excited to see the outcome.

Good luck to everyone!!

Tony
  • oneder080
    oneder080 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on your 2lbs!! You're welcome to add me :)
  • KF1216
    KF1216 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    me too! I've been a member for over a year but fell off the wagon a long while ago. January 1st I got back on and am more focused and driven than ever and am down 18lbs!! I have MFP as an app on my phone and am logging in constantly. Love it:)

p.s. this coming from the girl who last fall was like "I HATE logging my diet, it's the worst, I'm horrible at it, I don't WANT to do it." Now.....not so much, it's my "thing"! haha
  • Msmeggie85
    Options
    Your story sounds a lot like mine! I've had the app forever and never used it. Then when my skinny friends were like lets do a biggest loser before vacation I knew I had to buckle down! I've been hooked since Jan! I got my sister to use the app but shes not hooked yet so I'm always looking for more friends. And I have to say I love these boards and this site way more than WW and I love that its free cause it can be so costly sometimes to be healthy! Good luck and feel free to add!
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    Having friends here really does help. I didn't want them at first but they help keep me motivated and true to myself. Without them, I would've given up long ago. Especially Cardillos, one of my first and closests. Congrats on your upcoming big day as well. Now buckle down and move your butt! As for shoes, I'm addicted to the shape ups. These shoes have been though he'll and look like new. They work for everything without giving you a sore foot, although it's odd when you first get them because it feels like the world is rocking out from under you! Feel free to add me!
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Lauren,

I recently reached my first "mini" goal. its soo rewarding.. at first it was just a game to me.. i wanted to burn the calories and lose the weight and eat as much as a could with out the calories..

I also have wonderful friends and you can add me if you want...
    love to give support and get it
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I just joined this site a few days ago and I am loving it. I used to be on Spark people but I found it difficult to use, but myfitnesspal is so easy. I started my weight loss journey about a year and a half ago and have lost 125lbs, but now that I am getting closer to my weight loss goal it's becoming more difficult to lose the weight. Feel free to add me too. :)
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    been on here since jan. and lost 22lbs thus far. looooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee it. add me please. i just wear adidas running sneakers right now
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! You can do this and make a BIG difference by your special day! I am addicted to this place and have had great results with alittle help from my MFP's!!! I have turned into a work out person and I love it!!! I just completed my first half marathon a few weeks ago (profile pic) and I have a warrior dash on the 31st!!! I would be happy to support you and anyone else who is in it for the long haul!!!

This is a journey of ups and downs!!! But if you NEVER QUIT YOU WILL ALWAYS WIN!!!! Sending you a friend request!!!! We've Got this!!!!!!

Judy
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request.:)
    As for your question about shoes, I wear Brooks and I love them. Your best bet would be to go to a store that specializes in running shoes and have them assess your gait and then they will be able to help you pick out the right shoes.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Addicted...that would be me! I hardly do facebook anymore, especially since they changed it up and made it hard to find anything. I love reading everyones story and it really helps to keep me on track. I want to be thinner and healthier just like everyone else and we can do this together.
  • vonkragon
    Options
    Shalom, and may you have a blessed wedding.
    I just started using this because my medical doc said it would be a great way for me to get all my medical issues undercontrol. High blood presure, high cholesteral, type 2 diabetic, and sleep apnea....I use to be 165 lb. and that was 4 years ago!! I was running 4-8 miles every other day and felling great. Then I went in for my yearly check up and BAM!!! All this came up, talk about depressing. Any way I shot up to 230 lb. I believed it was all the med's but i just couldnt keep the weight off. So Im now tring this and to tell you the truth, this thing works when you start to see what you are eating and how much you can lose or gain if you eat that way.
    So i'm jazzed and ready to go...I wish you the best and I hope it becomes a life change for you as it is for me. Healthy body, healthy mind, = a healthy life and full of fun and special moments...

von kragon
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    I admit it. I am a myfitnesspalaholic.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I probably spend a little too much time here.
  • herbiedoo
    Options
    I would love to be commited. I have tried this before on fitday but could not keep up with it. I had nobody really standing with me. I just joined last night and see that this site has a community of people. Maybe I will find my place here. I need accountability even if it is only on a messageboard. Good luck to all!
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY addicted to MFP and this new "lifestyle change" I started January 7th weighing in at 242lbs, and tomorrow will be 65 days into this journey and I am now weighing in at 202.8 ... LOVE MFP and my amazing SUPPORTIVE friends on here!

Congrats to everyone and their progress on here so far!! Keep up the good work and the results WILL follow! :smile:
  • BevP123
    BevP123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Facebook??? What's that :ohwell: joined MFP a while ago but didn't really stick to it until I found friends on here. Now I'm 10lbs lighter and more motivated than ever before. Always happy for new adds, bevp123.....x
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Hello & welcome back!

I'm addicted to the site too. I have the phone app as well. I love how now I feel that I'm in control.
  • eville23
    eville23 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hiya! Congratulations!

I'm am just starting out, want to lose 10kgs. Add me cos I need motivation too!

K :-)
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you go girl!