House Cleaning

Options
Hi, How many calories does one burn while housekeeping? I have seen it on another site but can not remember. I want to count this as it is my part of my weekend routine.

Replies

• 24Gummies
    24Gummies Posts: 11
    Options
    You can log it as exercise if you want too...MFP gives you that option : )

I logged my house cleaning yesterday lol
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Under Cardio Exercise look for Cleaning. Good luck in your journey.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • EmmyLou1253
    EmmyLou1253 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, Thanks, how many calories did you log per time spent?
  • EmmyLou1253
    Options
    Thank you. I typed it in but it did not give me the calories burned for the event.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I would think for something like this the number of calories can vary a lot so I would recommend getting a HRM to see how many you actually burned.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I personally don't log my house cleaning because I'm on my feet all day at work, so I consider my house cleaning my "work" for the weekend. However, if you have a sedentary job where you are sitting most of the day, go ahead and log it under cardio exercises, and the HRM is a good idea. Too many people overestimate.
  • EmmyLou1253
    Options
    Thanks, I found a website called calorie count. I do have a pretty sedentary job. Lots of time at my desk and on the computer. :( Wish my fingers could burn energy for the rest of me. Ha Ha! Time to go find out what HRM means.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    sorry, it's Heart rate monitor. Either a watch or the more accurate chest strap. (I had the same reaction the first time I saw it too LOL)
    I paid less than $50 for my chest strap, and you can get inexpensive watches for even less.
  • EmmyLou1253
    Options
    Thank you Samntha! My treadmill has a gadget that measures it although i don't know how accurate it is.
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Using a HRM to work out cals doing housework! jeez what next??
  • EmmyLou1253
    Options
    Point well taken...but I can put some muscle into mopping a floor! LOL