New and frustrated

Options
Hello everyone,
I need so me assistance. I'm working hard, eating right, and tracking everything. However, I am still never able to lose. I'm 5 ft 5 inches tall and currently weight 136 lbs. I just wanted to get down to about 125 or so but can't. Started at 137, weighed in last week at 130, and this week at 136. What gives? Why does my weight fluctuate so much and ever stay down consistently? I weigh myself every saturday morning as soon as I get up with the same clothes (or lack thereof) on each time.

Thanks in advance!

-Missy

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    That's a big fluctuation....could it be sodium or something? That's something you can track here. If you had a salty meal it could be that....just keep up with your healthy eating & working out, it's gotta go down!
  • spartanchic77
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I don't think that I ate anything in particular. I tend to be impatient. I'll keep at it and see. Thanks again.
  • lanfancan
    lanfancan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Women tend to gain water weight before their menstrual cycle. I would stay the course and weigh yourself next week. Also, it's best to weigh yourself after a rest day. We tend to retain water after working out.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    Wow I wish I was 136, however the older we get we retain water and salt. Sometimes over the counter water pills (especially that time of the month), helps alot. Then it can be starring at the scale, it never really reads what you want it to. But try the water pills Durex or even the CVS ones, and weigh in every 3 weeks or so and not during that time. Good luck.
  • spartanchic77
    Options
    You all have said something valuable. It was definitely during that time that I was weighing myself. Interesting! i never knew anything about water weight or sodium in-take. I'm not too unhappy with the number on the scale because I see my body transforming and my clothes fitting better so that's saving me. Thanks again everyone!