Help!! There's cookies in the lunch room!!!!!

Options
I just walked back to our kitchen here at work and the is a container of my FAVORITE cookies sitting on the table! :sad: It was all I could do to walk out without one! :noway: Now I'm sitting at my desk eating my light yoguart. I guess I'll count that as a win for me! But I REALLY want that cookie!

Replies

• Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just walked back to our kitchen here at work and the is a container of my FAVORITE cookies sitting on the table! :sad: It was all I could do to walk out without one! :noway: Now I'm sitting at my desk eating my light yoguart. I guess I'll count that as a win for me! But I REALLY want that cookie!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Sorry someone just walked by and sneezed on them.
  • meaganrh
    meaganrh Posts: 24
    Options
    Wanting it is different than grabbing it and wolfing it down.
    Want away!

:heart:
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I don't know if anyone will agree with me but have one! I would! Then I'd make sure I cut back somewhere else during the day or I'd do some extra exercise:smile:
  • meaganrh
    Options
    I don't know if anyone will agree with me but have one! I would! Then I'd make sure I cut back somewhere else during the day or I'd do some extra exercise:smile:

That works for some people but for myself I couldn't do that.
    I'd want them all.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Run away - seriously, don't walk - RUN..

sounds like a good reason to take the day off..
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: What I would do if I wanted a cookie bad enough is eat half of one, then you get the taste and you won't be craving it any longer. Seriously, experts say if you have a craving endulge a little then the craving goes away.!:smile:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :smile: What I would do if I wanted a cookie bad enough is eat half of one, then you get the taste and you won't be craving it any longer. Seriously, experts say if you have a craving endulge a little then the craving goes away.!:smile:

That's really good in theory and I think it's great if it works for people. For me though, moderation and I have never been introduced. I can't do that, I would eat the whole plate of cookies. :smokin:
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    Sorry someone just walked by and sneezed on them.

Right after that huge roach sauntered across the plate. :tongue:
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    the co-worker who made them has pets - lots of them. the main ingredient in those cookies are dog hair!!!! :sick:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I heard the person that made those has swine flu and sneezed in the cookie batter. :indifferent:
  • LynnMarieBell
    Options
    You can resist temptation! Yes, you can!

Someone told me once that if you resist for just ten short minutes, the craving will go away.
    Plus, you KNOW that the reward of fitting in your clothes, a smaller tummy, and more energy is TOTALLY worth it!

And - you are not alone! We're out there fighting with ya!
  • meaganrh
    Options
    Something I find helps beat those cravings is just drinking some water.
    Speaking of which! *wanders off for some water*
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    The cookies are there for people who do NOT have the same goals as you....stick with what you know is right.....and what choice will make you feel better tomorrow
  • CarmenSantiago
    Options
    You can resist temptation! Yes, you can!

Someone told me once that if you resist for just ten short minutes, the craving will go away.
    Plus, you KNOW that the reward of fitting in your clothes, a smaller tummy, and more energy is TOTALLY worth it!

And - you are not alone! We're out there fighting with ya!

Right on! Nothing tastes as good as looking good feels!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I HATE that when that happens!!!! UGH!!!

At the physical therapy clinic I work at patients bring in YUMMY DELISH things all the time and it's so frustrating!

Every now and then you'll get the patient that brings in the edible art fruit baskets and those are great.......but not often enough!!:explode: :angry: :grumble:
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    Run away - seriously, don't walk - RUN..

sounds like a good reason to take the day off..

That sounds like a great idea!!! Thanks!! LOL
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    I HATE that when that happens!!!! UGH!!!

At the physical therapy clinic I work at patients bring in YUMMY DELISH things all the time and it's so frustrating!

Every now and then you'll get the patient that brings in the edible art fruit baskets and those are great.......but not often enough!!:explode: :angry: :grumble:

yeah, I work at a family practice and the cookies are from a drug rep!! Come on!! Hee hee!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    HELP!! There's cookins in the lunch room!!!

Sounds like the kids yelling about the monsters under the bed. Do exactly what I tell them! Leave them alone and they will go away.:laugh:
  • Thin4payton
    Options
    Boy, I wish I read this thread before lunch! I caved, but only had one. :mad: I checked the calories before I ate it and worked it into may calorie intake for today. Then since it's nice out today, i am going to go for an extra run tonight! That will be easy for me since I LOVE being outside! It is still an accomplishment for me since I only had one and not all of them!! Thanks for the support!! I will be leaving the boards up all day from now on!!

Jen