Hummus

Options
LisaZaugg1976
LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
I finally tried it and it is really yummy!!!! so thanks for the recommendation it tastes really good!!!

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    Options
    I finally tried it and it is really yummy!!!! so thanks for the recommendation it tastes really good!!!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    It's my FAVORiTE!! not store bought though! :sick: :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! I do love my roasted red pepper hummus!!! :love: :love:

Glad you like it! :happy:
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    What section of the grocery store do you find it in? I haven't been able to find any and when I ask for it they look at me like I have 3 eyes.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    Options
    I get it right in the deli selection my fav is the red pepper one soooo good on wraps
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    What section of the grocery store do you find it in? I haven't been able to find any and when I ask for it they look at me like I have 3 eyes.

The deli area, or produce.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Try the deli and cheeses section of your local grocery.
  • kbop
    kbop Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm eating some right now on cucumber slices and baby carrots!
  • Jrgal
    Options
    Thanks! I will look for it in the morning.
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but I hear everyone talking about Hummus. What is it? What do you eat it with or in? At a total loss here...
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    Is there some type of hummus that is better than others? I tried some for the first time the other day and it was horrible.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Is there some type of hummus that is better than others? I tried some for the first time the other day and it was horrible.
    I like the "Joseph's" brand roasted red pepper hummus the best. I am not a huge fan of plain hummus.
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    I know this is probably a stupid question, but I hear everyone talking about Hummus. What is it? What do you eat it with or in? At a total loss here...

It's a dip type thing made from blended chick peas and garlic and other ingredients depending on which type you buy. It's really good for you! I usually have it with oat cakes or dip cucumber, carrot and celery in it yummy.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

It's mushed up chickpeas with spices. :smile:
    I eat mine as a veggie dip with carrots and bell peppers.
    I haven't found anything else to eat it on, so it remains a veggie dip forever for me.
    It's great stuff though! Go grab a tub and try it.
    I eat Sabra or Tribe Red Roasted Pepper.

I keep trying to impress upon my 10 year old brother.... it is much healther than ranch or other veggie dips because it's essentially veggies on top of veggies.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options

It's mushed up chickpeas with spices. :smile:
    I eat mine as a veggie dip with carrots and bell peppers.
    I haven't found anything else to eat it on, so it remains a veggie dip forever for me.
    It's great stuff though! Go grab a tub and try it.
    I eat Sabra or Tribe Red Roasted Pepper.

I keep trying to impress upon my 10 year old brother.... it is much healther than ranch or other veggie dips because it's essentially veggies on top of veggies.

It's bean dip all grown up
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Now I have a clue! lol I'm going to try it!
  • Jrgal
    Options
    I FOUND IT ! Its so yummy!
  • msdawn15
    msdawn15 Posts: 26
    Options
    I've been making my own...and it's the best because I use all organic ingredients. It's simple and delicious. It only takes 5minutes to whip it up.