uh, hi or something

Options
Friendly community and decent trackers? Sounds good to me.

Anyways, my story:

In 2001, I graduated highschool with a weight about 190ish. Last year, at my absolute worst, I hit 285. My parents were both serial enablers, as well as my best friend so bad habits were always around me. My weight honestly never bothered me until a couple years ago when I started having off and on pain in my left foot. Even with that, the actual tipping point was at my sister's wedding last May when I easily outweighed the next closest person my age by 70 pounds and a bunch of unflattering photos of me were later published on facebook.

I was able to do a complete 180 in both exercise and eating habits without any problems. Between last May and last December I got down to ~225ish, which looking back on it was amazing and I can't believe I did it. The only reason I ended up stopping was because my gallbladder essentially exploded (because of the weight loss, ironically) which made me immobile for a while. During the three months I was off my original plan, I gained back about 15 lbs. That sucks, but still ways better where I was at a year ago.

The first time I got the "have you lost some weight?" from someone I nearly cried. I hadn't felt that great in years.

The only thing I miss now is alcohol. Sweet, sweet alcohol. :brokenheart:

Replies

• 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Nice to have you hear. Great site to track and keep motivated. Make some friends, troll the forums, and good luck!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

The first time I got the "have you lost some weight?" from someone I nearly cried. I hadn't felt that great in years.

Awwwww! I love that feeling. <3

Well, you've taken the first step in getting to where you need to be by being here and making healthier and more informed choices. :) Good luck!!!!!
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you want. i too was losing weight on my own last year then I developed a tumor in my knee and had open knee surgery. During that time I went from 205lbs to 234 lbs. So now I'm starting over.
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Good luck. So glad you are back on track---and that they successfully treated your gallbladder problem.