Weird question about me BUTT! Strength Training...........

Options
Hello everyone.

Here is the deal. Kind of looking for inspiration.

I have had two kids and it seems that now I have a very flat butt. Not to mention the array of cellulite and sort of tiny bulges of fat(if that makes sense). My butt is SO flat, my jeans have a flap the hangs in the butt area. This makes me feels incredibly self conscious and not sexy at all.

I'm wondering if getting a plumper, rounder and higher butt is possible for me through strength training? I don't want to set unrealistic goals for my butt. :)

I am aware of doing squats and lunges to tone. But other suggestions for a butt workout would be appreciated.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your time. :D Have a awesome day!!!!!

I also have the 'Brazilian Butt Lift' and 'Jillian Michaels Hips, Buns and Thighs' DVDs. Haven't used them. Are these affective?

Replies

• EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've seen some Before and After videos on Youtube for the Brazil Butt Lift, and if the videos are accurate, it's VERY effective. I'm doing the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution right now, which is a 90 day program, and I plan to follow it with Brazil Butt Lift.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My gym sucks, but it's affordable, so I don't do heavy squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc... but I've had great results with the leg press, leg curl, glute press, back extension, etc. machines. As heavy as I can handle.
  • kelleygi
    kelleygi Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    bump. want to read up on later!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You can do lunges and squats, but use a barbell across your shoulders. Its better to lift heavy and only do a few reps, than loads of reps with a light weight. This will help the muscle grow larger.

I suppose at the end of the day, we should accept what we've been give (although this is hard!!) With the weight Ive lost, ive loads all my boobs!! I hate it, but nothing I can do about it, so just have to live with it!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    do full squats... you will really feel it. plus it also works your quads, abs and back at the same time.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    squats, lunges, back lunges and side lunges for dat *kitten* :laugh:

as heavy as you get it as well.

i'm thinking step ups are also helpful
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

I also have the 'Brazilian Butt Lift' and 'Jillian Michaels Hips, Buns and Thighs' DVDs. Haven't used them. Are these affective?

BBL is if you use it
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    LOOOOVEE working my butt.

Weighted hip-raises! Killed my glutes doing these today....
    And what I've also discovered: hop onto the legpress and do one leg at a time. I seem to feel my gluteus far more doing it like this!

and of course everything mentioned above!!!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Bump

Exactly!

Seriously, heavy squats and lunges will build your glutes. Now keep in mind genetics will play a part in how big your "bump" will get.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I've put bigger butts on many female clients and it came down to a couple of good exercises with some HEAVY *kitten* WEIGHT!
    Squats to parallel and leg press with knees almost touching your chest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Brazilian Butt Lift is very effective but you need to use it. There is a "too flat" solution that you can follow.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was in your same situation, absolutely no butt, completely flat. And I would wear skinny jeans and the bum was saggy. About two months ago I started doing tons of lunges and squats with heavy weights and its made such a huge difference. I wouldn't say its super round (yet), but is getting there. I put on a pair of my skinny jeans that haven't fit in a couple of months and my bum was poking out the top! That has never in my life happened to me. I buy low waisted jeanes and now they won't accomodate my rear end!! ITS SO FABULOUS! FINALLY I HAVE A BUM!

Oh, I do bodyrock.tv its extremely bum intense.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've put bigger butts on many female clients and it came down to a couple of good exercises with some HEAVY *kitten* WEIGHT!
    Squats to parallel and leg press with knees almost touching your chest.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Interesting. I would have to say genetics plays a huge role though.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Any climbing exercises will increase the use of your glutes, but adding weight will really cause your butt to get round if you are climbing stairs or hills. I use a back frame and carry my 50 pound daughter when I hike and climb.

Ditto on the squats...lunges are good too, but you may be prone to knee injury. remember to push through your heels so your glutes contract. I also understand that a basic kettle ball lift will do wonders because you push your hips forward at the end of the lift...
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump to use later - thanks for all the great suggests
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    squat low, and push yourself with the weights.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine built her butt (which is ridiculously awesome btw) by clocking hours on the stair master. Seriously. You can bounce a quarter of that thing.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Here is the deal. Kind of looking for inspiration.

I have had two kids and it seems that now I have a very flat butt. Not to mention the array of cellulite and sort of tiny bulges of fat(if that makes sense). My butt is SO flat, my jeans have a flap the hangs in the butt area. This makes me feels incredibly self conscious and not sexy at all.

I'm wondering if getting a plumper, rounder and higher butt is possible for me through strength training? I don't want to set unrealistic goals for my butt. :)

I am aware of doing squats and lunges to tone. But other suggestions for a butt workout would be appreciated.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate your time. :D Have a awesome day!!!!!

Tone? Forget "tone". Squats and lunges with decent weight will resculpt your butt into a masterpiece! If you suffer from genetic flat butt you need to build up a considerable amount of muscle in that area. Thats where lifting heavy is your friend.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    squat low, and push yourself with the weights.

This.

I was getting that flat butt look too and wanted to change it so I've started doing squats with heavy weights and after just two weeks I've already noticed a difference. Those things work!

P.S is that the Stanley cup you're standing next to? I'm jealous!