I hate peanut butter!

Options
pamelad77
pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
Hate it with a vengeance. Even the smell of it turns my stomach.

So does anyone have any good ideas for high protein snacks that do not include it.

And that don't include cottage cheese either, as I hate that too!

Replies

• alphaema
    alphaema Posts: 2
    Options
    My favorite 'treat' is black bean browines. They are to die for and even my picky 4 year old eats them. lol.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Do you like hummus, hard boiled eggs, cheese sticks or almond butter? I also like Greek Yogurt.
  • pamelad77
    Options
    Eggs, yes, cheese sticks, yes, Greek yoghurt also yes lol.

Not tried almond butter. What do you do with it? Just use it like normal butter?

Hummus , afraid that's another no lol
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i actually love peanut butter but i dont eat it (i can think of better things to use my calories on). do you eat nuts in general ? trail mix snacks with fruit and nuts....or what about a protien bar or protien shake. cheese sticks
  • 6mimi
    Options
    My favorite 'treat' is black bean browines. They are to die for and even my picky 4 year old eats them. lol.

I found a recipe for that yesterday. I can't wait to try it tomorrow. I recently tried the blondies recipe on MFP tht called for a can of chickpeas. That was good too. My family had no idea what was in it.:laugh:
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I hear you, I hate peanut butter too!!! I take lots of vitamins and I eat lots of yogurt, eggs, and chicken.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Dang, hate is such a strong word. More for me though. :wink:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Eggs, yes, cheese sticks, yes, Greek yoghurt also yes lol.

Not tried almond butter. What do you do with it? Just use it like normal butter?

Hummus , afraid that's another no lol

The almond butter would be used like a peanut butter. It just has a different taste. I have one that is almond butter with vanilla and cinnamon. I like it, but I like peanut-butter too so I'm not sure if you would enjoy it.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt can replace sour cream to make higher protein dips.

I like to do a little bleu cheese dip with carrots, almonds and sliced turkey as a high protein after workout snack.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken = high protein snack that doesn't include peanut butter.

I roll Paleo so I don't do much PB. I do keep 4oz portions of chicken, tuna and almonds around though.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were actually people in the world who hate PB! It's freaking yummers....:wink:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Do you like nuts at all? Cashews and Almonds are great snacks. Or, fruit and cheese is always good. I prefer colby jack.
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    biltong (South African) or jerky (American) both dried meat and high in protein.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to convince myself that I hate PB, but I just can't do it. It's my biggest weakness.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Quest bars! http://www.questproteinbar.com/

I love these freakin' things.
  • pamelad77
    Options
    Thanks, few new ideas here, tending to go down the cold chicken, turkey, beef route at the moment so it will be nice to mix it up a bit.

Been looking at protein bars too. Tried one today for the first time and was surprised how full it got me.
  • pamelad77
    Options
    Do you like nuts at all? Cashews and Almonds are great snacks. Or, fruit and cheese is always good. I prefer colby jack.

Don't mind almonds, but I do eat walnuts and Brazil's. The fat content makes me keep the portions down though. Yes, I know they're good fats before anyone starts, but they're very calorie dense too
  • pamelad77
    Options

Their flavours sound yummy! Any recommendations of which to try first lol?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter isn't really a great source of protein anyhow....better source of fat than anything else.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Their flavours sound yummy! Any recommendations of which to try first lol?
    I recommend ordering a sample pack to get an idea of what you like! I eat them too and love em :smile: