I've come to love running--pictures included

Options
cynthiaj777
cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
I've been training for a 10k the past month, and for fun, I have mapped and am planning to try a 10 mile run next weekend :)

I just ordered a Polar FT4 in order to more accurately estimate calories burned, and I needed to know what size strap to order, so I whipped out my measuring tape. I got curious about my measurements since I haven't measured since August--TO MY SURPRISE I HAVE LOST INCHES!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Inches lost:
Waist- .5
Stomach- 1.5
Hips- 2
Arms- .5 each
Bust- 1.5
Neck- .5
CANKLES- .5 on left, so now they both match at 8.5 inches
Thighs, forearms, wrist, calf- stayed the same

1.jpg
25 lbs down

2-1.jpg
135 lbs to 125 lbs...the difference 10 lbs makes on a small frame

***PICTURES ARE FROM AUGUST....lost those listed inches since then ;)

Replies

• angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Great job, girl!
  • donnamorad
    donnamorad Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just started running a little over a month ago and I can see the difference too. Keep it up and good luck with your 10k.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    You look great and good luck with your run.

The picture was cut off because it doesn't fit in the box. If you're using photobucket click the edit button for the pic and resize it so the bigger measurement (width) is no more than about 550. That should do it.
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    thats awesome I love running also ,I Just purchase A Polar ft7 & I love it . And im running my first 8k run in a few weeks
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    You won't be disappointed with that HRM. I finally caved, bought one, and never want to take it off, haha. Especially on my runs! I was estimating too low for my runs, and now I know where my heart rate zones are for effort, speed, and hills. It's awesome!

Congrats on your inches!! Running is just awesome. :)
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    You look great and good luck with your run.

The picture was cut off because it doesn't fit in the box. If you're using photobucket click the edit button for the pic and resize it so the bigger measurement (width) is no more than about 550. That should do it.

Thanks! Fixed the picture!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    You won't be disappointed with that HRM. I finally caved, bought one, and never want to take it off, haha. Especially on my runs! I was estimating too low for my runs, and now I know where my heart rate zones are for effort, speed, and hills. It's awesome!

Congrats on your inches!! Running is just awesome. :)

I am like a kid at the candy store or on xmas eve! I take kickboxing and other classes, and I REALLY want to know how many calories I'm burning, so I can accurately log it and eat right! I think around 100 calories per mile is accurate when running, but we will see. I'm excited to try it! I also just ordered a holder for my phone too. I have a GPS app that gives me all kinds of stats! http://runkeeper.com/user/CynthiaJ777/profile
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    thats awesome I love running also ,I Just purchase A Polar ft7 & I love it . And im running my first 8k run in a few weeks

I looked at that. I didn't like the colors...haha. I wanted hot pink or purple :) I seriously bought the 4 over the 7 because of the color.

What made you choose the 7?
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It is amazing what a loss of 5-10 pounds can do for a small framed woman. Great job!
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What a great job you look amazing..
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    you are such an inspiration...I am also small framed, 5 foot tall..I started at 157 and now am at 132...the pics for 135 to 125 are awesome! I can't wait to be that small and RUNNING is also what I do!!!! I started walking all the time and built up to run...my first 4k is Saturday St. Paddy's Day!

Congratulations and Best Wishes!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! :)
  • cynthiaj777
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It is really hard for short women. 3lbs up means my pants no longer will fit! It is frustrating!

I wish I would have taken those side pictures starting at 150 lbs. I actually started at 135 lbs because I thought I looked skinny, and I was showing off my body! haha. Then I took them again....then again at 125...and I realized how much better I looked and HAD to make a side-by-side comparison for myself because it was SO amazing how much a 10 lbs difference makes.

Oh, and I am 5'2".

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Your beautiful! Great job!!
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I used to run (and be a lot thinner). Now that the weather is warming up I plan to be hitting the pavement more.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Inspiring for someone who wants to just lose 10 lbs :)
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Running is a big part of my success, too. It's the absolute best de-stresser that I have.

Just be careful, I did the 5K - 10K progression and just recently completed my first half-marathon (with a couple more coming up in the fall). It's definitely addicting.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!