Losing weight = Easy brusing??

Options
It seems that the more weight I lose and more fit that I become, the more bruises seem to pop up on my legs. And that's the only place they appear. I googled this and a few websites mentioned vitamin deficiency. My hemoglobin levels are normal so i'm not anemic. I bruised easy prior to the weight loss as well but nothing like this.

Any ideas??

Replies

• Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Im the same, bruising a lot more than normal, with a lot more exercise. Do you supplement?
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    im the same so would be very interested to know why this is happening?
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I take a regular women's one a day vitamin about every other night. Nightly when I can remember to take it.
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have adequate Vit K levels and aren't overdoing it on Vit E.

You may also want to get screened for Von Wildebrands Disease. Its pretty common.
    If you have ever or are one BCPs, have you noticed less bruising? Are you're menstrual cycles pretty heavy?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Any other symptoms? Tiredness, lethargy, joint paint, frequent infections, fevers etc.?
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Anemia can cause bruising so maybe you are not getting enough iron in your diet? You can take an over the counter supplement. Slow FE is a good one.
  • alicia2601
    Options
    Make sure you have adequate Vit K levels and aren't overdoing it on Vit E.

You may also want to get screened for Von Wildebrands Disease. Its pretty common.
    If you have ever or are one BCPs, have you noticed less bruising? Are you're menstrual cycles pretty heavy?

No menstrual cycles as a result of Mirena. Just occasional light spotting. I could use more Vit K in my diet but I for sure don't overdo it on Vit E.
  • alicia2601
    Options
    Any other symptoms? Tiredness, lethargy, joint paint, frequent infections, fevers etc.?

No.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I bruised just as easily when I was heavier. I normally bruise more easily than others.

Weight-wise, no difference in bruising.
  • alicia2601
    Options
    bump
  • chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Still think you should look into VWD or at least have a physical done by a doc and get a CBC (complete blood count) w/ Iron Study. Its going to provide more answers than the speculation on this website.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    maybe it is just the increased activity is exposing you to more opportunities to acquire bruises? I noticed that and when you are really busy or active you dont notice the injury until later when a bruise pops up. Though it could be vit k. I also have bruised really easy all my life.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You have to eat dark green vegetables. No over the counter vitamins will supply 100% of your vitamin K requirements.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm an ICU nurse and I agree with Chuckles217. :) Vit K - green leafy veggies!