Nordic walking

Options
I have lost 65 lbs with my mainstay exercise having been walking . I had hoped that I would be able to transition to jogging as I got fit but at this point I have a great deal of joint pain in my knees and hips with even a half mile of jogging and can hardly walk the next day . As an alternative I am contemplating Nordic walking to increase the intensity of my workout . Anyone doing Nordic walking and have recommendations ?

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not tried it myself, but it was popular in finalnd when I was there in jan.

Apparently its a harder workout than skiing but much better for your knees as there's less stress on them.

Looked bl@@dy hard work though!
  • 1DeterminedGal
    1DeterminedGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did a search and several have asked about it, so I am posting to each one hoping to get more discussion going on this subject. I have been using the poles for over a year now and love them!! Great workout!! I would love to be able to get information on entering it into our database. I found this site (and will look for more) that tells one how to figure the burn (to a point): http://www.livestrong.com/article/317479-how-many-calories-does-nordic-walking-burn/