Question for runners - 1/2 marathon training

Options
Question for my runner friends!! I'm training for a half marathon and for my training program I'm supposed to run 8 miles today. I ran 4, and then ran out of time because I needed to pick up my sister, and now it's been a couple of hours. Do you think it makes a difference if I complete the distance in 2 separate runs or does it need to be consecutive? I feel like I could go run another 4 miles now, but it may be hard to run 8 tomorrow since I did 4 yesterday and 4 today and Sunday is usually my rest day, but I don't want to set myself back on the training schedule. (the longest distance I have ever run so far is 7 miles) What do you guys think - should I do the other 4 now or just wait until tomorrow and try to do 8?

Replies

• maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Life gets in the way of the best training plans.

If Sunday is your rest day take it as a rest day.

There's certainly no harm in running the extra 4 miles now if you feel up to it but the purpose of your long run days is as much mental training for the longer run as it is physical. If you decide to skip it just resume your plan as normal next week or, if you feel the need, repeat the week.

Good luck with your training!
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    great - thank you!