Day 1 of 30 Day Shred And I'm Soooo Sore...

Options
I don't know if I can do Day 2 tonight. I'm having such a hard time moving! Should I take a day and then do Day 2 tomorrow instead? I don't want to injure myself. Advice?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Having been there I'd say try and get it done tonight, it will stop you seizing up completely. Just give as much as you can, you'll feel better for it x I'm starting a shred group tomorrow please come and join us and we can talk aches,pains and motivate each other as we go along! x
  • AliG71
    AliG71 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm onto Day 3 today and I'd say - do it! It will make you more sore (hard to believe, I know) but I think the whole point of it is to make maximum impact and the best way is to just work through the pain. Apparently in a few days it will get much easier (in that it won't hurt as much!).

I'm going to carry on because I really want to see the results and the sooner I do it, the sooner it will be done!!

Good luck - you can do it!!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I just wanted to make sure, so as not to injure myself. I just got done with a long hot shower so my muscles could relax and stretch. I think I'll stretch alot longer tonight after my workout. And Kate_UK, I'd love to join you guys!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Yay for Day 2. Just keep pushing through b/c it starts getting easy by day 4 for me when I did it, and I upped the weights.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'll offer a different opinion - if you are so sore that you are moaning and groaning when you get up from a chair (or to sit down) and just moving about hurts like crazy, you might want to take a day off, or even two. I can say that my first day of 30DS left me more sore than I have ever been in my life - more than any first sports practice back in school, more than my first day spelunking when I became a tour guide in a cave - I was miserable! I took three days off before I did the next workout. :tongue:

You do want to try to stretch the muscles, that does help, and if you really feel you can do the workout, go for it. But if you are super sore, you might want to give your muscles at least a day to heal.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Great to have you on board and well done sticking with it x
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'll offer a different opinion - if you are so sore that you are moaning and groaning when you get up from a chair (or to sit down) and just moving about hurts like crazy, you might want to take a day off, or even two. I can say that my first day of 30DS left me more sore than I have ever been in my life - more than any first sports practice back in school, more than my first day spelunking when I became a tour guide in a cave - I was miserable! I took three days off before I did the next workout. :tongue:

You do want to try to stretch the muscles, that does help, and if you really feel you can do the workout, go for it. But if you are super sore, you might want to give your muscles at least a day to heal.

^^this^^ but i have heard to stick with it as well and it eases up on the 3-4th. Day! I am allabout resting really sore muscles tho! To avoid injurey!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Amy, I'm just going to do as much as I can seriously stand, because I feel exactly like you describe. Hurts to sit and stand and moving in general....But if getting through day 2-4 will pay off for the rest of the 30 days, then I'll just push through.
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    Day 2-3 was worse then 1. Sorry but I wanted to be honest.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Dammit, tifluvsu80. Why'd you tell me that? lol Is it harder because you're so sore?
  • kellabella83
    Options
    I just started her 30 day shred, I did it for the first time yesterday and I did it today. . The one thing I cant do are the push ups. I can sort of do them but I dont think anyone would consider it a push up lol. Sometimes when doing the jumping jacks i wanna die. I like how it goes by fast and how she tells you why your doing the moves your doing.

I honestly thought I was going to be more sore than I was today, my shoulders were soar, probably from trying to do the push ups. That almost worries me bc everyone else says they were so soar the next day. Maybe Im not doing it right? I think I am. I only started working out a month ago. I've been doing Zumba and strength training 6 days a week. i wanted to mix up my workout regimen so that's why I started the 30 day shred. Im a little scared to go on to level 2 and I probably wont for at least a week.
  • MrsPike07
    MrsPike07 Posts: 160
    Options
    I started Ripped in 30 on Monday and Tuesday I woke up so sore I could barely walk. I took a day off to recover because I was afraid of doing more hard then good. Also, I believe Jillian says to only work out 5 (?) days a week so take it easy on yourself :bigsmile:
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    See, I couldn't hold a good form for a pushup and it made my shoulder hurt. I hate doing the jumping jacks, cuz well, I can't hold everything in. :blushing: lol And when I do the jump rope, my thighs sound gross. :cry: I'm sure by the end of level 3, things will be better though.
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think day 3 was the worst for me....I could barely do my workout on day 4 (and get up from my desk at work) I pushed through it and did as much as I could. It does get better each day and if you stick to it, you will see great results... good luck!
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I would also say, do it!! It is a tough programme but you can modify your moves and the results are excellent1
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful responses!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    I just started her 30 day shred, I did it for the first time yesterday and I did it today. . The one thing I cant do are the push ups. I can sort of do them but I dont think anyone would consider it a push up lol. Sometimes when doing the jumping jacks i wanna die. I like how it goes by fast and how she tells you why your doing the moves your doing.

I honestly thought I was going to be more sore than I was today, my shoulders were soar, probably from trying to do the push ups. That almost worries me bc everyone else says they were so soar the next day. Maybe Im not doing it right? I think I am. I only started working out a month ago. I've been doing Zumba and strength training 6 days a week. i wanted to mix up my workout regimen so that's why I started the 30 day shred. Im a little scared to go on to level 2 and I probably wont for at least a week.

I know i wasnt hardly sore either, and everyone else talks about how they r. All i did before was bike riding. But i only did what i could. I didnt try to kill myself but push myself as much as i could. The level 2 hurt my shoulders. Now the new kickboxing one has me sore for days! But i still worked out the next day! Not the same workout tho.... Love her videos!
  • Reckabek
    Options
    See, I couldn't hold a good form for a pushup and it made my shoulder hurt. I hate doing the jumping jacks, cuz well, I can't hold everything in. :blushing: lol And when I do the jump rope, my thighs sound gross. :cry: I'm sure by the end of level 3, things will be better though.

Jumping jacks made me pee my pants was soooo happy on level two where there was bearly any!
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    Options
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. I was cussing at Jillian in the last 5 minutes of the video. lol
  • Reckabek
    Options
    I think day 3 was the worst for me....I could barely do my workout on day 4 (and get up from my desk at work) I pushed through it and did as much as I could. It does get better each day and if you stick to it, you will see great results... good luck!

Ya u will see awesome results. The scale disnt go down for me but i had recently bought a size 12 jeans before i started and needed to go down to a ten in no time after i started! And i dont doit every day...i did it maybe 2-3 days a week at first!