Master Your Metabolism - Jillian Michaels

Options
Anyone read this? What are your thoughts? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started reading it, but got a little tired of it. It basically talks about clean living. While I found a lot of useful tips, after the first few chapters it started to feel a bit repetitive. But, if you're unfamiliar with the idea of clean living, its a really good source.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is a great book. It is now on paperback. She offered a lot of insight as to how we damage our metabolism. The book offers a great overview of how our hormones work together and what happens to our body when the hormones are no longer in sync. The book also offers a diet eating plan as well. I recommend the book.
  • vadiane1
    vadiane1 Posts: 50
    Options
    I read it...A lot of what she said was somewhat not possible. And the processed food names she listed as OK if you need to do it are way too expensive. I pretty much spent money for a book that I could use, if I had a lot of money to spend. I am sticking with my going to the local farmers market, and next to no red meat, cut carbs way back ect. BUT I did learn a lot about veggies ect. And gleaned some other useful hints. She made me think of things I never actually would of thought about without reading the book. It would of been a better idea to check it out of the local library over buying it. Her DVDs on the other hand...........KICK IT!!!!
    I
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I too started reading it. And maybe later in my journey I may go back to it. The first thing she said is give up artificial sweetners. While I am sure this is the right thing to do, I just cannot go that hard to begin with. I just started in January and I have lost 28 lbs and I need to lose 100 more. I am finding this site very helpful. The main thing is you have to commit to it. Count calories and exercise. Try to eat healthier choices. We all know we got here by chosing unhealthy foods, overeating and little or no exercise. I have to have some sweetness in my day or I will not stick to it, so whether is my Mio water enhancer or splenda in my coffee I will keep doing that for now.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

I am about a third of the way through and have found it interesting so far. I am wondering if it'll make any difference if you don't go the whole hog though. I'd find it very difficult to go organic the whole way but surely having a few things that will send your hormones out of wack defeats the object of going clean with say..veggies. Is it a all or nothing thing? Or am I just not seeing the bigger picture?