Beach in 5 days, eek!

Options
Will be at the beach in 5 days and would like to shed a few extra lbs. I am very happy with my weight right now but still not comfortable in my bathing suit. What can I do to get rid of some lbs during Spring Break?

62 days ago I started my weight loss challenge. I went from 195lbs to 173lbs. I am still not comfortable in my swim suit so I would like to loose a little more before the beach. I already workout either at the gym or here at home and I have been sticking to my 1200 calories a day. What else could I do?

Replies

• MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bumped up
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    You could congratulate yourself that you've lost 22 pounds in 62 days (bravo!). You could accept the you're on the correct course (although sticking to 1200 calories a day when you're working out isn't something I'd recommend to anybody). Accept that slow and sure beats fast, unhealthy, and probably unsustainable. If you lost two more pounds, would you be comfortable in that swimsuit? 5 more pounds? I'd recommend you let this go for now, be proud of how far you've come, and wear that suit with shoulders back and head held high.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Lift weights. You won't see the difference you want 5 days, but over all that will help you look more fit in your bathing suit. I'm not sure if that's already included in your exercise routine, but if it isn't you might want to consider adding weight training.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your trip to the beach and keep living a fit & healthy lifestyle. Eventually you will make it to the beach one day in the body you desire. Until then, don't worry about it and resist the urge to do some stupid "quick fix" thing. It will only set you back.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    There is nothing you can do in 5 days. Sorry.
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I could loose many lbs in 5 days, what I am very worried about is that I am on Spring Break and I might gain some while I am home doing home chores and not my usual work stuff. I am very proud of my progress but everything is fine and dandy until you have to wear a swim suit. My friends won't care what I look like at the beach but I am very self conscience and pictures will be and have always been out of the question. I just thought there was something else I could do during SB that could help me shed an inch or two. Thanks for the replies!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Try to focus on having fun. I'm sure others won't be judging you nearly as harshly as you judge yourself. Have an amazing time at the beach!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am going on vacation in 2 days, I began at 150 and am currently at 143. I lost 7 pounds and I hoped to lose more, but I didn't and couldn't. I feel so much more comfortable now, even though I'm not at my goal weight. I'll be on vacation, I won't see anybody I know besides my boyfriend.

Be confident, you have done amazing so far! This is going to be a great inspiration to lose the weight by summer, and we both can do it! Be proud of yourself! The pictures may not be as flattering yet, but they are probably better than before. You've made a lot of progress! Continue working out before you go, and while you're on vacation you can run around, play frisbee and swim to burn calories.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a nice, sheer coverup, it will add coverage and flatter. Buy something like a sarong or a wrap that you can also turn into evening beachwear. Get a pedicure, wear cute flip flops. Keep your hair up and wear flirty lip gloss! You're a beautiful woman and these little things will boost your confidence!

And take advantage of that beach and SWIM! Swimming is one of the best cardio low impact exercises you can do, take advantage of it! Also, get some sun. Vitamin D is the best mood enhancer Mother Earth has given us, plus I know I've always felt a bit thinner and sexier with a little color on my skin ;)

Enjoy yourself, honey, you deserve it!!!