What do you do?

Options
2»

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean? I see it all over the site but I have no clue what it's about.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean? I see it all over the site but I have no clue what it's about.

It means you have nothing to say but want to bump it back up to the recents posts so more people can see it.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Alright....I got my 635 calories today!! It took me about an hour and 15 min. Stupid donut. :grumble:

I threw in a little stairmaster and yikes......that was hard. All the other stuff is getting easy so maybe I'll have to do that more often.
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    well i do both and since an hour is about 600 cals I shoot for that.
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    for me to burn about 500-600 calories I do a mix of 15 min on the bike, 30-35 min on the elliptical trainer and 20 min on the treadmill on high incline @ 4.5 mph. I get bored if I'm on something too long!:bigsmile:

I'm going to have to start mixing up the machines. Even my short 30 min workouts are getting boooooring on just one machine. Sometimes I feel so ADD about life! :bigsmile:

Oh...I can't even begin to imagine being on one machine for an hour. That'd drive me nuts!! Plus it's good to mix up your routine because your body adapts to something if you've been doing it for too long.

I'm gonna have to work out longer today since I broke down and had a freaking sugar donut today!

BOOOO!!!!!! It's my one weakness!! :grumble: :grumble:

Quick question....I am currently doing the arc trainer for 40 mins...been able to get to level 3 since beginning of March....just this week I started doing HIIT on it (every few mins I go as fast as I possibly can for various intervals) - would this apply to your body getting used to a machine/workout??? I have a bum knee and this machine allows me to use the intensity that I like without the pain afterwards...also, it targets the hips, thigh and glut regions, but, I guess the treadmille would as well....any suggestions/thoughts on this?
  • BERSKI
    BERSKI Posts: 5
    Options
    when i go to the gym i make myself do 45 min of cardio, i switch up what do each day. For example i went today and did 15 min on the elliptical machine, 15 min on the bike and 15 min on the treadmill. :smile:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I only have 30 minutes to work out, because I do it over my lunch hour (takes me about 10 min to drive home, 10 min back, and I give myself a few minutes to change, etc.). Since I have a limited time frame, I always try to get the max calories out of my workout, which is where the HRM comes in very handy. I can compare from day to day, and can tell which days I push myself, and which days I'm slacking a little. On the weekends, when I don't have that kind of restriction, I definitely push to get at least 400 calories burnt, and 500 is even better!