P90X question

Options
I just recently bought P90X (from craigslist for $55.00) I thought I did good. I've been doing the Shaun T 15 minute video that was aired on Dr. Oz. I wanted to start the P90X today and it goes right into using a bar to do pull ups. I have no other equipment for this but the videos. Is there a way I can do the workout without all the gadgets and gizmo's? I don't want to give up but I did the warm up today and watched them do the bars and bands because I didn't have any.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    You could try an australian pull up (you tube has vids of it) also you could modify it with a bar across your sofa / chairs to give you something to pull up on.

Personally I use the time to do planks or push ups.. still relevant as I'm starting out on P90X2 after doing 30 Day Shred.
  • hi3cho
    hi3cho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you can use resistance bands instead, you can get a set on ebay for 15-20 bucks
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Personally I use the time to do planks or push ups..

I would do pushups too.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Everything can be done with the bands. Probably spend under 20 bucks. He almost always has one person showing the band version, including the pull-ups. (hang the band over a door)