10 lbs in the next 4 weeks? Anyone want to join me?

Options

Replies

• swifta
    swifta Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in :) add me
  • kiabee1125
    Options
    I'll give it a try, trying to loose 10+ it'll be a starting point.:smile:
  • Gill_L
    Gill_L Posts: 69
    Options
    Would love to give this a go, would be great to lose that much by Easter, will be an incentive to leave the eggs alone Lol
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    OOH would love to do this challenge! with easter around the corner its such a great idea ! :D Add me if you want!
  • Myelen
    Myelen Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in! I need to lose 10 by May 1st so this will speed things up a bit :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 4 weeks is 2.5lbs a week. If you weighed 250lbs that would be 1% of your weight and if you weighed 130lbs that would be 2%, however at 130lbs after the first week, the percentage would be higher than 2%. That wouldn't be reasonable weight loss because to continue to lose 7.75 more pounds, the person (now at 127.5) would more than likely lose lean muscle mass to reach that goal. You don't want to lose lean muscle mass because you'll lower you metabolic rate and that means you have to even eat less to try to maintain that weight. You could exercise more, but that may keep your weight level and not reduce it, especially if you're close to ideal bodyweight.
    It's great that people are setting goals, but goals need to be realistic based on what people's current statis' are. Not trying to be negative here, just trying to give the reasonable and realistic expectations that people should have so that they don't fall into the habit of regaining weight that they lost and going through the whole yoyo effect I've seen all these years.

1% of your body weight per week is sensible. 2% is doable with hard work and good nutrition. Anything beyond that isn't ideal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    10lbs in 4 weeks is 2.5lbs a week. If you weighed 250lbs that would be 1% of your weight and if you weighed 130lbs that would be 2%, however at 130lbs after the first week, the percentage would be higher than 2%. That wouldn't be reasonable weight loss because to continue to lose 7.75 more pounds, the person (now at 127.5) would more than likely lose lean muscle mass to reach that goal. You don't want to lose lean muscle mass because you'll lower you metabolic rate and that means you have to even eat less to try to maintain that weight. You could exercise more, but that may keep your weight level and not reduce it, especially if you're close to ideal bodyweight.
    It's great that people are setting goals, but goals need to be realistic based on what people's current statis' are. Not trying to be negative here, just trying to give the reasonable and realistic expectations that people should have so that they don't fall into the habit of regaining weight that they lost and going through the whole yoyo effect I've seen all these years.

1% of your body weight per week is sensible. 2% is doable with hard work and good nutrition. Anything beyond that isn't ideal.

Thank you for putting that into perspective.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That being said...count me in, I'm going on vacation to Puerto Rico in 6 weeks and would love to be 10 lbs slimmer! Good luck, all!
  • Swissy98
    Swissy98 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi All - Please count me in as well. So, we're just posting to this string every Saturday with our results?

Good luck everyone!
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    I'll hit you up with this challenge!!! I've got 9 days to take my Physical Fitness test for the Military. I ned to pass that and trying to be 190 or less!!!!
  • melanieparker13
    melanieparker13 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    im in
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im in. Sounds like fun and a challenge. Are we posting here or friending?
  • Anastazia36
    Anastazia36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will try starting from tomorrow morning until Easter to loose 8-10 lbs...

So.....I am innnnnnn!!!!
  • angela160978
    Options
    hi there i would luv to join use on this challange aswell, can u keep me rite on what i have to do and wer to log in. thanx angela xx
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this challange too. Would like to lose 10 lbs by April 19 before going on vacation. Starting weight 131 lbs.
  • Haz3Boyz
    Haz3Boyz Posts: 23
    Options
    OMG!!!! Thats Awesome!!! I only lost a few inches! Im kicking *kitten* this week, i wanna catch up with you girl!! :)
  • Haz3Boyz
    Options
    Lets continue posting here or pm each other...this site is kinda hard to stay on top of ...lol
  • AmberzHeartz
    AmberzHeartz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I want INNNNNNNN!
  • BrittRae12
    Options
    I'm in! You should make a group for this and we can all keep up with each other
  • Haz3Boyz
    Options
    Theres room for everyone :) Your in! lol