Advice...

Options
I am pretty close to my goal. Actually I have already reached one goal and decided on another 10 pounds but anyway....:ohwell:

I am now what people like to call skinny fat.:sad:

I started going to the gym about a week ago was using the treadmill and the bicycle machine but my knee has been hurting so bad any serious walking is pretty much out of the question. So I have decided to try to tone up (no more skinny fat!) I wanted to use some weights at the gym, very light weights of course since I have no muscle.:frown: I was hoping for some tips on that on what kind of weight stuff to do and I was also thinking about the 30DS which I have but as of now have not attempted, I suspect for me it will be more like a 60DS.:grumble:

Anyway, if you were able to translate what I want/need out of that rambling mess and have any advice I would really appreciate it.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• smiley61
    smiley61 Posts: 24
    Options
    I don't go to the gym but workout at home. I love Chalean Extreme on Beachbody's website. She is a great motivator and I had developed some great muscle in my arms and legs. I have been doing her program for 2 years and will never give up weight lifting. I am 53 years old and have lots of energy. I would highly recommend it. She also has a take a long book for you to follow at the gym if you don't know what to do.
    Janet
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thank you, I will be sure to check her out.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    chalean extreme is fantastic, but only if you have weights. it's sucks IMHO with bands.

also you may want to consider p90x too, that has awesome weight work too.

if you have an ipod or iphone, then get the nike training app. they have some awesome video's on that too.
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've seen & heard so many great things about 30DS - you should do it!
  • Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try the 30DS this week and keep an eye out for the p90x!:happy: