Looking for fabulous quinoa recipes please

Options
2»

Replies

• KayCapital
    KayCapital Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I roasted 3 beets in the oven in a little olive oil (350 for an hour). Cooked 1c quinoa. Divided the quinoa into 3 lunch containers, sliced a beet on top of each one, sprinkled a tbsp of feta on each. A quick lunch ready to grab & go to work ... I added a tbsp of vinegarette dressing right before eating.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bumping because I bought some to try it but have no idea how to use it LOL!!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I call this recipe Quinoa goodness :)

3/4 cup quinoa
    1/4 cup brown rice
    3/4 cup orange juice
    1/4 cup V8
    1 cup of water
    1/4 cup of dried cranberries
    1/4 cup of raisins
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    1/4 cup broccoli
    diced Onion
    diced carrots
    Tumeric
    Celery Salt
    Chicken Base

Chop up some carrots and onions (I don't put onions in mine, but if you like it by all means) let them saute in a sauce pan with a little butter (you will be using only one pan to make this all, so use one that will fit everything).

Use a 1 cup measuring cup, fill it 3/4 of the way with quinoa, the other quarter with brown rice.
    Dump this into the sauce pan, and stir for a min.
    Add Turmeric, Celery Salt, and Chicken Base- I just eyeball it but I would say a tablespoon of the Turmeric and Chicken Base, and 2 teaspoons of the Celery Salt.
    Using the same 1 cup measurement, add 1 cup of water to the sauce pan, stir.
    Using same 1 cup measurement, fill it 3/4 of the way with Orange juice, and the remaining 1/4 with V8 veggie juice. Pour it into the sauce pan.

Mix everything together, on medium heat (so a slow boil) and cover with a lid. Check on it every couple of mins or so, stir it. About halfway through the cooking process, take the cover off, to allow some of the liquid to boil out. You don't want it soup like.

While that is cooking, use the same 1 cup measurement, fill it 1/4 way with dried cranberries, 1/4 raisins, and then the rest with frozen peas. Keep this off to the side.

At this point you can also cut up some steamed broccoli. I just use the florets, around a 1/4 cup- but you can add more or less depending on your personal tastes.

Once the quinoa and rice mixture is cooked, take it off the heat, and add in the cranberries, raisins, and peas- stir the mixture together, add the broccoli last, mix it in. Serve and Enjoy!
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, I love Quinoa but don't do much with it
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    bump