walking 10,000 steps

Options
I bought a pedometer to make sure I walk the rec. steps per day but this activity is broken up, in fits & starts, all throughout my workday. I haven't found a way to track accurately this type of exercise (by # of steps) int MFP. Can anyone advise? Thanks

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get a calorie burn from that so I just log it in my exercise diary. I use it to help gauge my activity level:
    sedentary <6000
    light activity 6000-9000
    moderate activity 9000-12000
    very active 12,000+
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Get a FitBit and link your accounts!
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ^^ What PD said. I love my Fitbit and don't know how I lived without it before. It's absolutely amazing! And it keeps track of all steps, flights of stairs, activity level, and even tracks your sleep habits! Love, love, love it!
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump :) I have my activity level set at lightly active as no two days are the same in work. I dont log steps but if i go over 9000-10000 per day should I add these as extra exercise?? I dont want to change my activity to moderately active because its not true of EVERY day so Id be kidding myself on a Sunday as I sit and chat most of the day :)
    x
  • bexblonde
    bexblonde Posts: 80
    Options
    I agree about the Fitbit, mine logs all my steps then gives me extra calories to eat on MFP. I love it!