DID WATER SABOTAGE ME?!?!

Options
ok first of off i have been on my new "game plan" for about 2 weeks, ive lost about 6lbs i am a salt craver that hates water... so can someone give me the low down? i think that my sodium consumption and lack of water are delaying my weight loss, i have been eating within my calories. started tuesday and thursday kickboxing and the rest of the week i walk usually a 18min mile, i have short legs so thats really fast for me. i am currently 291lbs as the evil scale says and it just went up a pound and a half after a intense kickboxing class. heres what threw me off i had 300 some grams over my daily sodium intake (some days way more than that) and only 40 oz of water. is that the problem?? today i am chugging the H2o so i can see what the scale says...i ususally weigh every 2 days. ANY IDEAS?!?

Replies

• BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ok first of off i have been on my new "game plan" for about 2 weeks, ive lost about 6lbs i am a salt craver that hates water... so can someone give me the low down? i think that my sodium consumption and lack of water are delaying my weight loss, i have been eating within my calories. started tuesday and thursday kickboxing and the rest of the week i walk usually a 18min mile, i have short legs so thats really fast for me. i am currently 291lbs as the evil scale says and it just went up a pound and a half after a intense kickboxing class. heres what threw me off i had 300 some grams over my daily sodium intake (some days way more than that) and only 40 oz of water. is that the problem?? today i am chugging the H2o so i can see what the scale says...i ususally weigh every 2 days. ANY IDEAS?!?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    get hydrated. stay that way for at least a week before you can expect to see changes on the scale that are meaningful. especially if you have a high-sodium day, water is your friend!!!!

Drink UP!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    6 pounds in 2 weeks is awesome. But I agree keep chugging the water. Not only does being hydrated help your body function better but it can help ease hunger.

Way to go on the 6 lbs.:drinker:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water but once I started making myself drink it water has been pretty much all I ever drink. Its been years now - but I remember at the beginning it being very difficult and having to literally MAKE myself do it. Just remember how much better it'll make you feel and how it'll add to your progress. Also, once your body is properly hydrated you will notice a big difference in the way you feel and you should get some more energy also! Good luck! :wink:
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    If you are eating a lot of salt and not drinking water your body will retain water. It is good to flush it out with at least 8 servings of water a day. If you do not like water try adding some fresh strawberries, lemons, or limes to give it flavor.
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    IMHO, you should drink at least 64, and preferably 120 ounces of water per day. Weigh once a week. Your weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds over the course of 2 days. Weigh at the same time of the day when you weigh. I agree with the others 6 pounds is pretty darn good for two weeks. Relax, keep working at it, eat right, keep moving and you'll get the results you want.
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I am also one that hates water, but in the past week thats all i ever drink, on the occation
    i have one of them small cans of diet coke just to spice it up but always make sure im getting my water in everyday,
    it seems to be working for me and well to be honest the washroom is now my best freind lol. but ive been doing alot of reading
    and looking into weight loss moreso latley and they say that water is the midway to loosing weight as well as excersise.
    it flushes out your system and thats what you need. so i think it is a good idea to keep trying dont give up looks like your doing well.
    good work on the weight loss so far. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful advice...ill keep on the hydration!!:drinker:
  • bbogart
    bbogart Posts: 113
    Options
    Don't be too discouraged if you see a minor (2-5 lbs) weight gain along with the increase in water. Remember that water weighs about 8lbs/gal which means that for every quart you drink, you are essentially downing 2 lbs of water. You will eventually flush it out, but you may gain some weight at first. Also, you have been doing awesome with the 6 lbs in two weeks, but remember that this is a long term goal and your body could protest the severe cut in weight by storing calories if you lose too fast. Keep your head up and you'll do fine.