Running shoes... HELP!

I'm in need of some good running shoes that aren't too expensive. I bought a pair of Adidas running shoes for trail running, but they cause my toes to go numb and the weird thing is they aren't tight so I have NO idea why?

Hopping some of you runners out there could give me some suggestions. I'm looking for something light weight and comfortable enough to run 4 - 6 miles 4x's a week.

Thanks!

Replies

• sanaroph
    sanaroph Posts: 16
    Hi I am not a runner but can tell you the best way is to get a pair properly fitted at a running store where they watch to see if u over pronate or supinate. Then once you have invested in the pair that is best for your foot, style & comfort, next time buy it where the price is best.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    What you describe happened to me with a pair of saucony's-loose yet they made my feet numb. Turns out the inside height was too low, so when I laced the shoes they pressed against a nerve at the top of the foot. Lacing differently helped, but I ended up returning them for a different pair.

Running shoes are something you don't want to skimp on. But, you may try going to a good local running store and giving them your budget (and be firm with it). Local stores know they don't profit off one sale, but the continued sales since you want to replace your shoes often (depends on the mileage). They may be able to fit you with a good pair from last year's stock that's on clearance.
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    I'm a big fan of the Nike Lunarlon series, specifically the Lunarfly. They are very lightweight with great support. Definitely getting fitted is a must in order to find what works best for you, though. Also, you should have plenty of wiggle room up front for your toes. I am normally a 10.5 but go with 11 for running. Your foot swells while running, and a little wiggle room is needed.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Yes to a running store or a good fitting! I love shoes, owned pretty much everything out there and have never been truly comfortable. Made my first visit to a local shop last month and could not be happier. I have no pain and feel like I could go forever. The people were so nice, really polite and not pushy at all. I said I would take the shoes and was expecting to pay sticker price. The owner rang me up and took 20% off, said bring them back for any reason. They just secured a customer for sure.