Will this tighten up?

IMG043.jpg

IMG042.jpg

Is there anyone that's either seen this belly button shape and if it tightened up or anything?
I would love to see my belly button again... or maybe abs once my body fat decreases more.
Is there any chance of seeing abs with this going on? Even if I reach a lower body fat. Right now I have 22.8% body fat

Replies

• lusi0079
    lusi0079 Posts: 10
    You can tighten it up quite a bit but you may always have a little bit of a "sag" there. You look really good though so don't let that bother you too much.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    If you workout and burn the calories it will come off. You should do ab workouts as well to help define them while you are attempting to lose body fat. Just make sure you eat the correct amount of food with proteins, carbohydrates and fats without dipping too low. If you don't get enough calories your body will just be losing protein and converting it to energy, leaving you with same percent of body fat or even higher.
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    If you workout and burn the calories it will come off. You should do ab workouts as well to help define them while you are attempting to lose body fat. Just make sure you eat the correct amount of food with proteins, carbohydrates and fats without dipping too low. If you don't get enough calories your body will just be losing protein and converting it to energy, leaving you with same percent of body fat or even higher.

I'm trying to slowly increase my calories at the moment actually. I've also started doing more strength training.
    More specifically I'm doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 right now and slowly trying to get into more intensive types of exercises. I'm nervous to do too intense all of a sudden because I'm not sure how much my asthma can take so I want to build up my endurance.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Yep. Mine used to look a lot like that. I'm around 20% body fat now.
  • hedwighigh
    Yep. Mine used to look a lot like that. I'm around 20% body fat now.

Sweet so hopefully that means it'll get better as my body fat decreases. I was worried that it would actually get worse.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Just looks like fat tissue which if you burn off and reduce body fat will go away revealing a nice flat tummy!
  • hedwighigh
    Just looks like fat tissue which if you burn off and reduce body fat will go away revealing a nice flat tummy!

I've been told by a doctor that it's loose skin too. She doesn't specialize in things like this though either.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    I'm working on my stomache as well... The pic as my default is me a couple weeks ago! I am hoping I can get my abs back! Its definitely a lot better than in 2009 when I first started my journey, I wish I took a picture of me in a bathing suit at that time, but i didn't. OH well!!!
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    I have that plus really bad stretch marks - mine has only gotten more ugly. Let me know if anything helps! Would love to lose it!
  • hedwighigh
    I have that plus really bad stretch marks - mine has only gotten more ugly. Let me know if anything helps! Would love to lose it!

Yea, I'm guessing mine will probably get worse.... I was just hoping that someone had some sort of advice on how to avoid that though. It got a little bit better with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred so I'm hoping some of her other workout DVDs will help too.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    You're 22, you'll be okay. Me, not so much.
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member

Me too... I have a rock hard six-pack under the squish... I'm thinking it may tighten some, but likely - not much.
  • hedwighigh
    You're 22, you'll be okay. Me, not so much.

22 or not... I was overweight to obese since i was five. Finally got into the normal category sometime last year. Being overweight for at around 16 years is gonna do some damage. lol.
    Oh well, my stomach is more attractive with loose skin and less fat vs. loose skin with more fat.
    I've always had this line thing across my belly button too. I don't remember it not having that.