scales

Options
I really liked my scale until about 1 week and 4 days ago, when it quit moving so much. Are there scales out there that give an accurate pound and ounce electronic measurement, so I can delight in at least losing a few ounces when I check. I thought this was going to be easy, but now I see it as a struggle, I hope this is temporary, and the weight will start coming off again.

Replies

• RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I really liked my scale until about 1 week and 4 days ago, when it quit moving so much. Are there scales out there that give an accurate pound and ounce electronic measurement, so I can delight in at least losing a few ounces when I check. I thought this was going to be easy, but now I see it as a struggle, I hope this is temporary, and the weight will start coming off again.
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The scale is my enemy!! or I shoule say THE enemy!
    I decided for this diet that I WAS NOT going to go based on the numbers on the scale, Im going to go based on how I feel and how my clothes fit. And this is the longest and most successful diet I have been on. I only weigh myself once every 2 weeks. I don't need numbers to tell me if I've lost weight..I can see it for myself.
    I find that in the past, if I didn't see the scale move, I tend to throw up my hands and give up.
    You can tell alot by the way your clothes fit. Don't give up!! Put the scale away for a bit and ask yourself..."How do I feel...mentally and physically?" That is most important!!

Best wishes!:wink:
  • 175bymarch31
    Options
    Scales can be deceiving. I only weigh in once a month. Last night I did my monthly weigh-in and found I only shed 3.5 pounds in the month, despite a marked decrease in calorie consumption for the month. My clothes are fitting much better and I couldn't believe I lost just three pounds. I weighed in again this morning and it showed I shed 7 pounds.

It's also a good idea to measure your progress beyond your weight. I measure my waist size so I can monitor my progress using two measurement tools.

I guess this goes without saying but make sure you always use the same scale. For the hell of it I tried weighing myself using a bunch of different scales on the display at a local big box store recently and my weight varied by 15 pounds using these scales!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a new scale at Target. It wasn't an expensive one and can't remember the name of it but it's electronic and shows the weight in pounds and ounces. I compared my weight with my old scale that has the needle and the lines between the numbers and my new scale and they both show the same weight in pounds so I believe it's accurate. Good luck to you.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow I too am not a fan of scales and usually get a few different results which can really make you wonder!

Lately, and probably because I just started this plan and must be losing lots of water weight too, the scale is going down almost daily...not huge but still is motivating...so I get on first thing in the am the same spot, and naked...lol gotta be consistant so I tell myself....and I won't get on the rest of the day because it will sometimes spike up which will drive me nuts!

I think it will eventually slow down and that's great advice to use other things to monitor your progress, like tape meausurements...or how your cloths are feeling....better stamina and energy...things like that...I will most definitely keep those in mind for when it stops being my friend!

thanks and good luck!
    Ali