What to add to water!

Options

Replies

• AmandaNicoleLynn92
    Options
    Try Nutrilite Twist tubes. They flavor the water but also have health benefits, like Raspberry is for joint health, strawberry kiwi is for immunity, and citrus mango has 2 servings of fruits & veggies.
    I put them in water, smoothies, seltzer water. So good!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut up strawberries. Delicious
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I like the crystal light on the go mix ins. Only 10 calories per packet & there's a ton of flavors. My favorites are the lemon tea, peach tea & raspberry lemonade.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mint....fresh mint. Or just add ice. I don't dislike the taste of water but sometimes I just can't drink anymore or I feel a little queasy drinking it,esp if I am trying to drink a lot and I find that just adding ice helps a lot.
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Mio with sodium free seltzer is great! It's like drinking a fruit soda....with no calories. One bottle of seltzer is 4 of your daily 8 glass requirement!!
  • winbail
    winbail Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I add mint and oranges or mint and cucumber very refreshing.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Cucumber with Mint
    ANY citrus fruit
    I like to drop berries or apple chunks at the bottom and make those the "completing the glass" treat
    Ginger
    Basil and Lime (even add cucumber too)

Also, who said your water consumption had to be cold?
    Try adding hot water to any citrus fruit or ginger
    Herbal (non-caffeinated) Teas also count toward your water consumption

Happy drinking
  • 84bren
    84bren Posts: 5
    Options
    unsweetened True Lemon & True Lime
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of honey. Makes it look like you got some nasty water out of a random ditch somewhere, but it tastes good. :-)
  • melapry74
    Options
    A squirt of lemon juice!! Makes it really refreshing!
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like to add sliced oranges, limes, and lemons and let it sit in the fridge. Mighty tasty!

i love lemons with it!
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mio
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do lemon, or lime, or cucumber, or ginger, but mostly just MIO black cherry
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Coffee!
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Elderflower cordial is divine.... I'd love to try some of those flavored tea bags or Mio but in Ireland these things are virtually non existent!
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    I wish there was a version of Mio that didn't have artificial sweeteners. :(

I drink a lot of herbal tea. I like the Good Earth kind especially.

I also drink a lot of water. I think it tastes a lot better if it is filtered or let sit so the chlorine taste goes away.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I like the crystal light on the go mix ins. Only 10 calories per packet & there's a ton of flavors. My favorites are the lemon tea, peach tea & raspberry lemonade.

^ love these! Unfortunately, can't do aspartame sweeteners anymore = headaches. Why do so many colas still do aspartame, when so many people get headaches from it? Splenda, people! LOL

Ran across this article today: http://www.discovergoodnutrition.com/2012/09/plain-water-get-your-8-glasses-a-day/ Very good info: more than water counts!!!

I wish there was an extra nutritient "slot" for drinks so we could track drinks and calories without have to add 'water' at the bottom. I've already taken up all my slots diving AM and PM snacks. : (
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest learning to like water. It's such a basic part of our needs that I can't imagine not liking it unless you've drank nothing but sugary drinks all your life. I'm not saying that diet sodas, or tea, or coffee, etc. can't make up for not drinking water, they can. Just a bit surprised by the number of people who claim they don't like water.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I like to add ice:)