ships hit the flipping fan

Options
I think I fell off the bandwagon three weeks ago when I devoured a family sized block of Milky Bar cookies &cream chocolate +some Lindt chocolate +a packet of 12 fun sized Mars Bars.

Have had a really hard time recovering from that.

Been snacking on crap since (before) that day, but that day was the beginning of my landslide.

And to think, I was doing so offing well before.

Already over my calories for today, with a truckload of sugary badness. I know it's crap. And I'm annoyed with myself for screwing things up. I WAS DOING SO FREAKING WELL.

Kind of feeling like this whole thing is not for me &I'm destined to be unfit for the rest of my life. Eh. I want to be motivational to people -not that person that keeps failing!

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you is to start the day new and forget about what happened. You can enjoy things you like and not ruin your lifestyle :)
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    same thing happened to me today. yesterday was my planned cheat day, today i ended up going over as well. i figure a new week is starting soon and im going to do good!
  • artnun
    artnun Posts: 7
    Options
    yikes! It happens to the best of us. and honestly, it will probably happen again. Try not to beat yourself up too much, and consider it part of the process. Eventually, the slips will get easier to deal with. I " started again" for nearly a month before I got back on track. and I know I will not do this thing perfectly. but I will do it. Hang in there, I know it sucks, but because you did well I bet you will again.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oy! My last 2 days have been a mess - thank goodness it is a new day and I can start fresh today and jump back on the healthy track. Those kinda days happen sometime, you just have to learn what you can from them and move on....
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Were they in the house or did you just buy them?
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have a sort of "Sugar Beast" that lives in my head (or my hanging belly!) that hibernates when I eat what's good for me and wakes when I eat a bunch of sugar. Once it's awake, it speaks to me loudly and constantly, saying I Want Sugar! I want Chocolate! & etc. I have to remember that it's not ME that wants it, my Sugar Beast wants it, and I can regain control when I want to. If I don't feed it's desires it goes back to sleep but it takes about 3 days for the 'EAT SUGAR NOW" screams to fade away.

Great motivating quote I saw recently too: If you're tired of starting over, don't keep quitting!

Good luck-you CAN be in control again!
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Haha, dude...
    Like a year ago I decided I needed to lose weight. It took me six whole months of PERFECT eating to lose 30 pounds. I was my very own definition of "perfect".
    Then I moved North and was in dire financial straits and had to eat whatever was offered me. Five months ago I got a job that supported me easily and I could afford all the junk-food I wanted...
    Long story tedious, exempting the last two weeks I've been on a five month binge.

Recovery mode f**king sucks. Suck it up and drink water, take laxatives, and buy carrot sticks.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    First of all. Allow yourself to have that one piece of chocolate every day, small amount, just work it into your calories. Then start building muscle!!!! If you strength train and build up those fat burning mucles, when you do fall off the wagon, your body will be able to better burn it off and avoid a huge gain. This doesn't give us the green light to go crazy with sweets, but to lose the weight and keep it off moderation is key!!!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys/girls. I feel like I need someone to yell at me instead of sympathise with me... but, in saying that -I've been quite good over the past few days. Haven't totally cut sweet stuff from my diet, but I've still enjoyed a few (probably still a few too many) pieces of chocolate here and there :embarassed:
    Were they in the house or did you just buy them?
    They were .. purchased from the mall next to where I work. Bad idea, I know -but I just couldn't help it.

Long story tedious, exempting the last two weeks I've been on a five month binge.

Recovery mode f**king sucks. Suck it up and drink water, take laxatives, and buy carrot sticks.
    :noway: five month binge?! :indifferent: happy to hear you're back on le bandwagon!
    O man, water -don't even get me started. That whole eight cups a day thing is really my minimum. I'm usually averaging around 11 cups, so maybe I'm doing something right! And, carrot sticks are probably in my diet twice a week (min) :bigsmile:

Haha, I'll pass on the lax though.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My grandmother used to say, "when you trip over a rock, you don't pick it up and beat yourself over the head with it do you?"

I think it applies here.