Weigh in? and Cheat/Reward days?

Options

Replies

• hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self when ever I get a chance ( the nurses office at work. I know that ones pretty accurate. Cheat days I really don't plan those, they end up the family meals when the rest of my family comes over.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and take measurements every Monday. Saturday is my 'cheat' day :)
  • GloriaPenguin
    Options
    I have become addicted to weighing myself. Probably about once a day, up from once a week like two weeks ago! I think it's because I'm around halfway to my goal weight. But only log it on Saturdays/whenever I finish a level of 30 Day Shred, which I am currently doing.
    And I had a mega cheat day yesterday - didn't log any of my food. That was my first since I started trying to lose weight on January 1st. But I have random cheat meals every now and then, probably about once a week.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Every day is a weigh in cheat day. I don't even get what exactly a cheat day is. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, as long as the calories are reasonable. If the food is what I refer to as a "calorie bomb" I make sure I get a good workout in, which I should be doing anyway.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in weekly on Sundays.

I try to plan rewards that are not related to food. I decided that I am not a dog so I don't need "treats" for doing a good job. I have rewarded myself with things like a new workout dvd, and a fitbit. I also reward myself by increasing the demand I place on my body. I do more!

I do not intentionally have cheat days... I am not on a diet, I am trying to change my lifestyle, attempting and so far succeeding in changing from a more sedentary life with fatter less healthy foods. I have not made any food off limits, I try to eat smaller amounts and am sure to count every bite I take in. I have had a couple of days in the last 3 months that I have definately overeaten but have counted it and said oh well I will do better later!

Good luck!

Absolutely love this!!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I weigh Saturday mornings, have a long workday during the day and have my 'cheat' meal that night. I allow myself whatever I'm in the mood for no matter what it is or how much. I've been doing this for a month and a half and it's been working great for me both weight-wise and psychologically knowing that splurge is coming up. That being said, I do eat whatever I want during the week too as long as it fits into my calories and macros.
  • Pandalicious
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week (and log it twice a week) and I let myself have chocolate every Sunday, because that's the only unhealthy food I crave like crazy ;)
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning... For two reasons: 1. It holds me accountable for everyday in this journey since every morning is "weigh in" 2. Because when I was weighing in only on Saturdays I was weighing in, then eating poorly because I knew I had a whole week until my next weigh in.

Weighing in everyday is NOT for everyone...to some it may be very stressful! So I wouldn't recommend it unless you realize "the scale doesn't measure "all" progress.

I don't really allow myself a "cheat/reward" DAY, I allow myself a meal here and and there where I may splurge a little on the choices I make.But usually only if my food diary allows it & if I workout to make up the difference. If I did a whole cheat day I would most likely get carried away and undo some of the progress I have made... I rather NOT do that . But that is what works for me, everyone just has to find what works for them and stick with it.

I love food just like everyone else... but I don't "reward" myself with it. I am not a dog. I EARN the extra cals to enjoy the foods I want.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a day, but weigh in officially once a week.

I don't have a cheat or reward day. If I want something, I go for it.
  • Tmarinari
    Tmarinari Posts: 28
    Options
    I try not to weight myself more than once every week and a half. In the morning.
    I give myself one day off or cheat day a week usually a sat or sun. I still watch what i put into my body but i do not log or measeure any thing. and that is also my one day a week that i do not exercise. I look more at measurements and how my clothes fit than at my weight. 9 pounds down so far. and -4 inches in the chest, - 5 inches in waist, and -3 inches in hips.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day. I don't do cheat meals.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but log it once a week on Friday, before the weekend :)

I used to do cheat days before I found MFP, but now that I see how many calories are actually in foods, it kind of disgusted me.. I knew I was going to go out last night and drink so I made sure to get in plenty of exercise before and even ate when I got home and logged it. Still under for the day, but barely...
  • Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    I weigh in once a week(Sunday morning). I dont have cheat days, If I am craving something I eat it, however its only a small portion of that treat. Mind over matter.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on a Sunday morning and a Wednesday - no particular reason for those days. I only log the weight if it is a loss.
    I don't have planned cheat days - they just happen sometimes like when I can't be bothered "being good"!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and record it every Saturday morning. There are times that I will weigh myself during the week, if I feel I am not doing so good. I don't let it bother me, I just use it as an approximate idea of where I am. Sometimes, I am up during the week but still have managed to lose weight every week since January 4th averaging 2.3 pounds per week.
    I don't have cheat days. If I want something I eat it within reason. I just make sure I get extra exercise in. Because I have more time to exercise on the weekends, I usually end up splurging more those days.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in weekly on Sundays.

I try to plan rewards that are not related to food. I decided that I am not a dog so I don't need "treats" for doing a good job. I have rewarded myself with things like a new workout dvd, and a fitbit. I also reward myself by increasing the demand I place on my body. I do more!

I do not intentionally have cheat days... I am not on a diet, I am trying to change my lifestyle, attempting and so far succeeding in changing from a more sedentary life with fatter less healthy foods. I have not made any food off limits, I try to eat smaller amounts and am sure to count every bite I take in. I have had a couple of days in the last 3 months that I have definately overeaten but have counted it and said oh well I will do better later!

Good luck!

This I agree with. Rewarding myself with food makes me feel strange. Strangely enough I have also chosen the same reward for myself once I get down 10 pounds (fitbit).
  • crafterpaula
    crafterpaula Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day but the main one that counts is on tuesday at tops! the rest of the week is to help me stay on track ... I cheat tue an sat or sun ,..then the next day get right back on track!
  • Tindomerel
    Tindomerel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try and weigh in once a week if there are scales available! (I move around a lot on placements)

With regards to cheat days, I don't really have planned days but if I meet up with friends and family I'll happily eat out / get takeaway. I enjoy baking so I'll make my own cake etc rather than buying it. I'm not going to never eat cake again for the rest of my life so if I want some cake or chocoalate I'll have some, but it will be SOME and not half the cake (which I would have happily done a few months ago!)

I wouldn't say I use sweet treats as a reward though, it's all about the clothes, music and kindle books!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but only log it in, once a week. I do not have cheat days, because I just plan out my day to include an occasional treat. I also just choose better "treats".

Like I would normally have a regular grande mocha frappuccino, but yesterday I got the light version. And it was just as yummy, but less than 200 calories.
  • JulieG1443
    Options
    I weigh in every 30 days :)