Should I stop?

Options
Hi everyone!

I've been trying to gain weight as I felt too skinny. I'm now 100lbs at 4'10" (yes, I'm crazy short!) - my measurements are 34"/25"/35" and my thighs are 21". In an 10lb gain, the only measurement change has been my thighs which were 19" at the start of this. Would you be happy at this weight or would you think I should probably keep trying to gain? I worry that nothing will change except my thighs which will just keep growing, especially at my height I might look quite odd.

Thanks for any advice :)
Jasmine

Replies

• Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Its hard to go off of just weight and you don't have any pictures that show your body up so I can't give much insight.
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Anomalia is right. You need to show pics in order to get better feedback. But one thing though with weight gain or weight loss, you must do it in a healthy manner. Don't go eating junk food and crazy stuff to gain weight, eat denser foods but make sure they're rich in nutrients. Have you ever tried Nutriment or Ensure? They are usually used as meal replacements but I know a few friends with similar issues as you (trying to gain weight) who use it to supplement their meals. Both are filled with lots of vitamins and minerals and other needed supplements. Also if you are trying to bulk up using weightlifting, be sure to work your entire body and not just one area because you will become unbalanced.
  • thuitema84
    thuitema84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't think its up to us to tell you if we would be happy -- it only matters if you're comfortable in your skin. Are you healthy? Have there been any concerns from your doctor? If not, then its a matter of how secure you feel. Are you just trying to eat to gain weight or are you also exercising to gain muscle? I don't know your history, but there are trainers that can help with tailoring exercise programs so that you can shape your body. If you're relying on food alone then it might just be that you naturally gain weight in your thighs (women tend to gain in that area, along with the butt and belly).

It seems like there might be some other options to consider, but you need to also address the emotional aspect of gaining weight which is what everyone faces when struggling with weight.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi Jasmine,

First off, I've got to say you're taking a great approach by filling out your profile and tracking your food. Well done! I noticed in your diary that you aren't tracking any vitamins, minerals, or sodium. Your metabolism might be 100% reverse of mine, so please take this as a suggestion - but for me, sodium makes me retain water. So the weight I gain is from water, not from being healthier. You can always change the stuff you track by going in to change your settings. You can track all kinds of stuff, including vitamin a, c, potassium, fiber, etc.

The foods you have logged look great, for the most part. You aren't tending toward empty calories, for the most part, based on the limited entries I can see. You hopefully drink water, and you might find it helpful to log that as well. GREAT choice to go for dairy. Nice!

Welcome to the site! :flowerforyou:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Have someone run numbers for you.
    <.<

>.>
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try to gain weight at all if I were you. I mean, obviously, a person must be happy with the way he or she looks, and what's a "good" weight to some may be unacceptable to others.

But here's the thing. You're young now. But as you age, your metabolism will slow down a lot, you may have a child or two resulting in weight gain, and you might be a lot less active in the future depending on the type of work that you do. The point is, you'll gain weight anyway.

Don't hasten that process by trying to gain weight now. You may find that the whole weight-gain thing gets away from you, and you'll be heavier than you'd like to be. Then what?

You're fortunate to be 100 lbs. (which is a perfectly good weight for someone who's 4'11", IMO). Don't screw it up. :smile: