still concerned

Options
What am I doing wrong?

Dec. 28 - Jan. 22, I dropped 24 pounds, and it was more than double my calorie deficit, which said I should have lost 10 pounds, or a total deficit of 35,000 calories.

Jan. 23- Jan 31, I lost 1.5 pounds, and had a calorie deficit to lose 4.5 pounds. Total calorie deficit of a little over 16,000 calories.

I am increasing amount and intensity of exercise almost daily. and I spent the past 5 days cycling my calories. I am keeping with what I am allowed to eat very well, very few if any slipups.

What I would like to hear is either what I am doing wrong, or someone who has had experience tell me what happened to them. I was hopeful that this was a glitch, my body adjusting and it will go back to matching the calorie deficit.

Any help would be very appreciated.

One note is that I was drinking about 32 to 40 oz of coffee a day, and am now at about 6 to 8 oz, which is good, but is that hurting my weight loss.

Replies

• RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong?

Dec. 28 - Jan. 22, I dropped 24 pounds, and it was more than double my calorie deficit, which said I should have lost 10 pounds, or a total deficit of 35,000 calories.

Jan. 23- Jan 31, I lost 1.5 pounds, and had a calorie deficit to lose 4.5 pounds. Total calorie deficit of a little over 16,000 calories.

I am increasing amount and intensity of exercise almost daily. and I spent the past 5 days cycling my calories. I am keeping with what I am allowed to eat very well, very few if any slipups.

What I would like to hear is either what I am doing wrong, or someone who has had experience tell me what happened to them. I was hopeful that this was a glitch, my body adjusting and it will go back to matching the calorie deficit.

Any help would be very appreciated.

One note is that I was drinking about 32 to 40 oz of coffee a day, and am now at about 6 to 8 oz, which is good, but is that hurting my weight loss.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? Your body is most likely building muscle. Don't get discouraged. It will come off. It drops fast first, and then is goes slower. Keep up the great work. Take your measurements.
    You are doing a fantastic job. :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    When you first start losing weight, it drops off very quickly. This is due to a lot of factors: water weight, "backups" clearing out, etc.

Did I read your second sentence correctly? You've had a deficit of 16,000 calories from 1/23-1/31? That's over 2000 calories in deficit a day! Maybe that's a mistype?

Also, if you've lowered your caffeine intake, your body is adjusting to that as well. Be patient with yourself.

If you're after weight loss this aggressively, perhaps a visit to your doctor is in order.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    I agree, either visit your doctor - or hold back a bit.

There's only so much you can confuse your body - there has to be a normal to lose weight from. If you are working with those kinds of deficits, I would eat more for a couple weeks - not trying to lose weight, then go back to the calorie cycling (keep up the exercise though :smile: )
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Did I read your second sentence correctly? You've had a deficit of 16,000 calories from 1/23-1/31? That's over 2000 calories in deficit a day! Maybe that's a mistype?

Yes, I am allowed 1800 calories a day, and that gives me a deficit of 1100, then I will exercise at least another 1000 calories a day which makes 2000 or more calories a day. Is this not correct?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options

Yes, I am allowed 1800 calories a day, and that gives me a deficit of 1100, then I will exercise at least another 1000 calories a day which makes 2000 or more calories a day. Is this not correct?

WAY TOO MUCH! cut it down to a 500 calorie a day deficit. Losing more than 2 lbs a week is not good for you. 1 pound a week is much easier to maintain in the long run. Slow down - eat those extra calories.