coffee

Options
KANGOOJUMPS
KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
so how many coffee is to be good for you in a day? I used to have around 3 12 ounce,i am cutting back, or have a tea instead.

Replies

• canderson125
    Options
    I've cut back to 3 eight ounce cups every mornig with Splenda and no sugar added creamer. Works for me ...:flowerforyou:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why anyone would want to cut back. Coffee has potassium, and caffeine is a fat burner. Studies show coffee drinkers are less likely to become diabetic as well. I drink 2-3 cups (12 oz cups) a day, the only reason I don't drink more is because if I drink coffee after 1pm, I can't sleep that night. I also work midnights, so when I work I will drink many cups of coffee. I drink skim milk in mine, so I'm also getting a little protein and calcium.
  • jeanettetwo
    Options
    Totally Agreee with ladymuscles
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i love coffee...
    its delicious, au natural, and its better for me that an energy drink or soda.

tea is good too though.

i recommend you try Green Tea Kombucha. So delish
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have cut back not cause I meant to but I just did..the past week I have drank 3 cups of coffee. I tend to drink more coffee when I have migraines. I need to get myself some skim milk.
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've read that 5 cups or less isn't harmful to your body so I'm sticking with that!
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    My intake varies between 3 and 8 mugs per day, probably usually 5 or so. sometimes I'll have an espresso instead if I'm just after the 'hit' rather than a long drink.
  • julymom
    julymom Posts: 14
    Options
    Coffee, the way I like it, is something I've refused to give up. I have one cup in the morning at home with cream (10%) and a teaspoon of sugar. I don't like coffee without cream or sugar, but having it at home where I control the type of cream, and the amount, it's only 54 calories as compared to the 200+ I would consume should I have a 'double double' from a take-out place. I love a good cup of coffee, and much prefer what we brew at home, so I continue to have one, maybe two, cups a day.

I have given up drinking those 'double doubles', though. I haven't had coffee from a take-out place since beginning on MFP at the beginning of January.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh no, that's just crazy talk lol. Love my coffee, and the stronger the better. I have 2-3 cups per day. No need to cut back as long as its under 4-5 cups your good =)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup before I workout.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee! When at home I have "the good stuff" black and scalding hot. If I am out I will use some half and half or milk. I average 3-4 cups of regular per day. In the cold months I will have maybe another 2-3 cups of decaf...I know, what's the point, but it makes a great hand warmer!