Help Me!

Options
2»

Replies

• lookforgood
    Options
    This happened to me so many times that I've lost count. What I do is go back to the basics. I make sure I take my vitamins and drink my water because that's pretty easy to do. Then I layer on another good habit like, if I have a craving I force myself to eat my healthy food first, before I give in to the craving. About 1/2 the time I don't eat the bad food. Then, gently add another layer on, like taking a walk, or doing 50 sit ups. Sometimes I use gimmicks to push me along, for instance, I have 4 bracelets that I put on my left wrist in the morning and as I drink a glass of water, I take off one bracelet and put it on the right wrist. The point is to gently point yourself in the right direction. You get the motivation to continue after you actually do the good habits. The motivation rarely comes before following good habits. Remember that you don't fail until you give up. Good luck!

This is awesome!
  • LauraJWStevenson
    LauraJWStevenson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh good Gosh!!! SOUNDS LIKE ME!!! My weight in was this morning...and after a week of increased time on the treadmill and watching my food. I didn't lose a pound!!!! I increased my time by 15 minutes this morning and swore I was going to keep at it. As I was getting ready for church...my blouse didn't fit right. I was depressed!! But I just changed shirts.... and went on. Took me just a little while...but I changed my Additude!!! I can do this!!! I can!! Muscles weigh more then fat.....( I keep telling my self) Stop thinking of the bad and the excuses...YOU can do this.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    You say 'taking care of my toddler and husband' - one of these things is not like the other. Your husband is an adult who is presumable able to take care of himself. What about sharing how you're feeling with him and asking for some specific help? What about any other adults around you - friends, family etc. what resources have you got to draw on?

My husband was injured for 3 months due to a minor head injury. He's better now and has been very supportive. What's hard is he is not the "diet type". Sure he will eat healthy...but when he wants. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy and has a very high metabolism. He loves his sweets too! The only other adults around are my coworkers, my husband's family and I have a few friends. All my family has either passed away or lives across the country from me. :frown: