When you reach your goal weight...

Options
shanlynt
shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
What will you do/ buy etc?

It might be a bit ambitious but I'd love to run a 10 KM and maybe even wear a hot dress. Not at the same time of course :)

Replies

• AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    What's stopping you training for a 10k now? Plenty of people of all shapes and sizes run regularly and enter races. As long as you start slowly and build up gradually there's no reason that most healthy people, even those carrying more weight can't run.
    Jeff Galloway's run/walk/run method is a great way to begin a lifetime of running and remain injury free.
  • Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the Vancouver Sun Run 10k right now. Starts super easy (run 1 walk 1) and progresses. It's a great training schedule. I think you can find it by google or also the Couch to 10K is about the same training. So liberating to be able to run :) Also the Running Room offers various training clinics for different runs but it costs money. If you're into group running (which I think you'd like as you seem quite social) then that's another route you can take. You can do it!

I'd like to go on a vacation to New York or Vegas (hehe) when I reach my goal. Just to be able to go out and not worry about what I look like.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    grabbing my maid of honour and scouring the country for the perfect wedding dress.
  • danmoffett
    danmoffett Posts: 110
    Options
    Two years and 155 pounds lost. I never thought I would get here. My goals have always been small, like 10 pounds at a time. I don't know how much more I will lose. I would like to lose 10 more pounds. I'm still losing so at some point I'll level off. when that happens I will buy a new suit. I've had to buy several new suit and lots of new clothes over the past 24 months. I've got one more to buy. All this without counting a single calorie or weighing my food. I'm going to post before, during and after pictures on my next blog update. FREEDOM!
  • apricot17
    Options
    I really want to buy some dresses that don't look like tents. In fact, I want to enjoy clothes shopping for the first time in a long time. I'd also like to get my varicose veins bleached (or whatever they do for that.) I would love to try ziplining through the forest or doing some hiking on some mountain trails. I live in FL where we have no mountains (except Space Mountain :laugh: ) and I find it too hot and humid to enjoy the outdoors most of the year.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    i get a harley
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    shopping spree, beach vacation
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts! -Churchill.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    boidoir photos, new clothes :)
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Im going to get a tattoo ( my maiden last name) in remembrance of my brother and my dad who have both passed away...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I never treated myself to anything when I met my goal weight - or my next goal weight - or my fitness goal...

Until last night. I got a new tattoo - it is a kanji for "perseverance" and I think it's very fitting, especially considering how much I had to overcome to get fit and healthy.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Getting a tattoo.
  • dawnhite7778
    Options
    Clothes shopping!!! I hardly ever buy myself clothes it is always about my boys. When I lose all my weight I am going to do my own school shopping for clothes as I tell my hubby!
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    I suspect that when I'm at my goal weight I'm going to be a complete nitemare, the way that ex-smokers can sometimes go totally the other way and be millitantly anti-smoking, there have been signs I'm heading that way for a while now. :angry:
    I'll probably stand next to fat people looking at cream cakes in the supermarket and tut loudly then point them in the direction of the salad.
    I hope not.

I want to be able to run regularly, do 60 mile cycle rides whenever I feel like it and take a more active role in my local cycling and running clubs.
    I will also probably take up climbing as my other half used to be a climber and it'd be cool to do that together.
  • petite_lar
    Options
    I will buy skinny jeans :)
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    A spa day - massage, pedicure, manicure - pamper myself and the hot new body. Then its time to go shopping for new clothes!!!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I want to run more races.
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I am gonna buy a vintage polka dots two piece for summer, lots of cute dresses and hills, take a bunch of photos to encourage people to be like me and live a healthy lifestyle.. run marathons and play sports!!!;))
  • cshevlin
    cshevlin Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am going on a spa day, buying a little black dress and a beautiful two piece swim suit and going out with my boyfriend for the first time without feeling self conscious about myself.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    When I hit 190 I get a pair of tanker boots.

These:

18934.jpg