HRM PROBLEMS - HELP!!!

Options
I have recently bought a HRM from Lloyds Pharmacy recommended by someone on MFP. However I am sure it is not working properly.

I have set it up and it reset itself 5x yesterday, as in wiped all my info and set the date back to 2008?!?! At first I thought that was because I forgot to take the back label off the watch and thought that may have effected it working. However, today when I did my workout it stated I only burnt 9 calories????? Now I'm no rocket scientist but half hour of intense cardio which leaves me feeling like I am going to die, out of breath and sweating like a pig can not have only burnt 9 cals.

When wearing the chest strap I have it as tight as it will go and when looking at watch unless I hold the sensors it doesn't show a heart rate? I take it this is wrong but I have no idea?

Any help??????? or have I bought a cheap model that is not going to work properly?

suggestions?

Replies

• mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You might have a defective one. Maybe exchange it?
  • purplerain011
    Options
    yeah it might be broken. I've had the exact same one for about 1.5 months now and no problems at all.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Maybe try replacing the battery. Are you wetting the electrodes on the chest strap prior to use? I'm not familiar with that brand, but my Polar HRM electrodes should be damp before I put it on.
  • APPLETON29
    APPLETON29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Maybe try replacing the battery. Are you wetting the electrodes on the chest strap prior to use? I'm not familiar with that brand, but my Polar HRM electrodes should be damp before I put it on.

Have to say no I haven't done that and come to think of it I think it does state that I am supposed to. Will try that first and if still no joy will have to exchange.