Shredded vs Skinny?

Options
Saw the Kim K. thread and so I felt it was necessary to get opinions on what people view as skinny? For me, the pic that was shown in that thread was AWESOME......I wish I had a body like hers......and so to me, she looks skinny and does not need to lose weight. To others, I have seen, they think she does. So what is your definition of skinny and why?

Replies

• missfancy1980
    Options
    I don't see her as skinny at all. She is curvy. In the UK she'd be about a size 12-14 like me. I like that look, so long as she keeps fitness levels up so it doesn't all go jiggly, but no, that's definitely not "skinny". She could lose maybe 10 - 20lbs if she wanted.

Slim to me would be about a size 8-10, and "skinny" would be below that.
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    To me skinny is being at a low bmi with low bfp and with little muscle definition. That doesn't look good in my opinion, I like to see muscles beneath the skin on men and women, not body builder muscles just athletic, well toned and defined muscles.

I suspect I judge human flesh the way I judge dog and horse flesh lol.
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think Kim looks curvy and beautiful but not skinny. if she had smaller boobs and butt she would be skinny but would lose the hourglass effect. I think of skinny as being in the single digits size wise.
  • KJVBear33
    KJVBear33 Posts: 628
    Options
    Good answers so far!! I feel as though the hour glass look is due to the wide angle lense.....ha ha!! In seriousness though.....it does look like the pic is stretched out a tad.......
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I would love a body like Kim, I think she looks good - curves where they should be
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Kim K, says she's a US size 2, I don't believe that at all, she's too short & wide for that to be true.
    She's not fat, I think she's got a lovely curvy figure, she just lies about her dress size when it's obvious she's nothing less than a US size 6!
  • AlbionLass
    Options
    If I were lucky enough to wake up one morning with a body like Kim's I think I'd want to tone up a little and probably have a boob reductuction but that would just be my personal taste. I wouldn't want to be that short though, too used to being taller.

Now where's that magic lamp?
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    If I were lucky enough to wake up one morning with a body like Kim's I think I'd want to tone up a little and probably have a boob reductuction but that would just be my personal taste. I wouldn't want to be that short though, too used to being taller.

Now where's that magic lamp?

*hands over the magic lamp* here......try this......I too would want to be a little bit more toned myself if I was lucky enough to wake with her figure.......breast reduction, not so sure as pictures can be decieving. As far as the heighth I am used to being short.....I am five feet.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Nooooooooo to the boob reduction!!!! Keep hips and boobs, just lose inches off the thighs/ bum and she'd be perfect :)
  • AlbionLass
    Options
    I'd prefer narrow hips as wide hips and a larger quadraceps angle leave women more prone to knee and ankle injuries during running etc, same goes for the boobs, I'd rather have small boobs that didn't in the way during sport or need industrial strength sports bras. (Fortunate there as even at over 300lbs I was only a 42D, less than that now)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    She's not shredded or skinny. She's a feminine, curvy woman, and I would feel lucky to look so good! We come in all shapes and sizes. Why the need to pigeonhole everyone?
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    She's not shredded or skinny. She's a feminine, curvy woman, and I would feel lucky to look so good! We come in all shapes and sizes. Why the need to pigeonhole everyone?

Not referring to her.....refering to the words in general.......what is YOUR definition of skinny? Is it being "shredded" or simply smaller than you are now? ect.....
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't see her as skinny at all. She is curvy. In the UK she'd be about a size 12-14 like me. I like that look, so long as she keeps fitness levels up so it doesn't all go jiggly, but no, that's definitely not "skinny". She could lose maybe 10 - 20lbs if she wanted.

Slim to me would be about a size 8-10, and "skinny" would be below that.

woo makes me slim than, makes me happy lol

to OP, i think she has a nice body and is skinny, not overly skinny like some ppl are
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Not referring to her.....refering to the words in general.......what is YOUR definition of skinny? Is it being "shredded" or simply smaller than you are now? ect.....

Ok, gotcha. Sorry for misunderstanding :smile: Skinny to me is very little fat OR muscle tone, and generally not attractive or healthy-looking in my opinion.
  • KJVBear33
    Options

Ok, gotcha. Sorry for misunderstanding :smile: Skinny to me is very little fat OR muscle tone, and generally not attractive or healthy-looking in my opinion.

No worries......I think skinny loses something in the translation I think.......for instance, right now I say "I want to be skinny"......but skinny to me means probably 100 pounds lighter. BUT when I get to be 100 pounds lighter I will say "I want to be lean", meaning I'd like a well toned body with the right amount of fat for my heighth and build.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The definition of skinny when and where I was growing up was chicken legs and boney looking. I wouldn't call Kim skinny, I think she has an awesome body. Some skinny girls I know are curvy as well, when they have wider hip bones they can look curvy too so I would just keep with the skinny is boney and fragile looking. Thus I don't find skinny as a compliment. Shredded would be a compliment,as would be lean and strong.
    Skinny was an insult when I was a kid but I know my teen daughter and her friends now days all want to be skinny, even though she is already at the lower end of healthy weight. :( So we encourage her and her friends to play sports more often, emphasizing being fit and healthy.
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options
    can someone post a link to the kim k thread?
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    [ /quote

This is not another Kim K thread......read above......simply asking what your definition of skinny is and what you'd call shredded?
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options
    [ /quote

This is not another Kim K thread......read above......simply asking what your definition of skinny is and what you'd call shredded?

The first line of the original post on here says that she read the Kim K thread, so I assumed there was one.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Skinny to me is synonymous with thin in that it by default includes a low dress size but may also be technically underweight in terms of numbers. Skinny does not necessarily mean toned, because some skinny people are just sticks and others are more athletic- the inclusion of muscle tone and a healthier weight typically makes me put you in a separate category that isn't exactly skinny, per se.
    As for.Kim k, she's too curvy to meet most people's definition of skinny, she has meat on her bones in an appealing way that just doesn't qualify as skinny.