effexor

Options
124»

Replies

• shannon_121285
    Options
    I am just coming off of the effexor wellbutrin cocktail. It has been 5 days since I cut my effexor in half and I have so much energy but then I crash. I craved water for a few days and today I seem to want to eat everything in sight (and I did). I hope this craving stage is easier tomorrow. I just couldn't get enough salt. I also haven't trusted myself enough to be able to have the energy to finish a run in the last 5 days. I will try tomorrow. I didn't read the above posts but I saw that someone was on the same drugs as me and I just needed someone who understood what I am feeling because people who haven't taken drugs and withdrawn from them don't understand but they try.
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    I am just coming off of the effexor wellbutrin cocktail. It has been 5 days since I cut my effexor in half and I have so much energy but then I crash. I craved water for a few days and today I seem to want to eat everything in sight (and I did). I hope this craving stage is easier tomorrow. I just couldn't get enough salt. I also haven't trusted myself enough to be able to have the energy to finish a run in the last 5 days. I will try tomorrow. I didn't read the above posts but I saw that someone was on the same drugs as me and I just needed someone who understood what I am feeling because people who haven't taken drugs and withdrawn from them don't understand but they try.

I have been on them for 7 years now and am just coming off.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been on Eefexor for the past 6 years. It is the only thing that has ever helped with my depression, panic/anxiety and agoraphobia. I know people have lots of negative thoughts about it but when it works....it works.
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    Effexor does work well. If you do spend a lot of time sleeping make sure you tell your doctor. When I first went on it I slept all of the time and I was always tired. It does help with anxiety though. If you need it, take it. You can always come off of it when you are feeling better. I know the withdrawl may be unpleasant but it isn't that way for everyone. Don't delay taking it if you need it.
  • shannon_121285
    Options
    I was put on it while I was inthe hospital. I didn't notice any change on it. It was horrid to come off of though. Apparently it's the worst one because of it's half life.

I agree. I wouldn't go on effexor if you can help it. I would find another one if you can!!!!
    Can someone explain to me what you mean by the half life of a drug?

The half-life of a drug is the amount of time it takes for the amount of drug in your system to be reduced by half. It refers to the length of time that the drug takes to leave your system.