I could wear that but.... (another gym post)

Options
13»

Replies

• Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I make my wife wear a burlap sack when we go to the gym, don't need any of those leering larrys eyeing my wife.

It's actually really comfortable.

Wicks well, I'm sure.
    Breathable, but prevents hurting over sensitive cornias.
    I may have to trade in my yoga capris for this.
  • Bikini27
    Options
    A year ago I was 30 pounds overweight and I lost it by running. There is no way I could have done it without tight, capri running pants! I get too hot in sweat pants or full length pants of any kind, and regular, loose fitting shorts would just ride up in a wierd way when running and, depending on length, would allow my thighs to rub together, which was just awful. Ironically, now that I'm not overweight and just trying to get some vanity weight off, I'm proud that I can run in normal track shorts and not have my thighs rub. So I'm actually wearing loose-ish shorts as a thin person, when I had to wear tighter ones as a fat person (completely for functional reasons in both instances).

Regarding tops, I happen to think oversized t-shirts made me look bigger and they get in the way for sure, so I usually would wear a fitted t-shirt or something those lines. I don't go straight sports bra in the gym, but I am sure I will when I am running outside in July. I agree with the person who said they like to watch their form when lifting, and I always wear those tight tank tops with built in bras when I lift weights.

In any case, I'm a little disheartened to hear further reinforcement that there is any judgment at all going on out there about other people's gym dress. I remember being self-conscious to hit a treadmill in public as a heavier person, and I think there are a lot of overweight people who avoid gyms for fear of being judged. Let's not contribute to a culture that further discourages anyone from making healthy choices.

Thank you, and 1000 times yes!
    Congrats on all your hard work and keep kicking butt:flowerforyou:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    here's my outfit for the gym today.. tee is fitted and so are pants but this is comfortable for ME. i'm aware when i sit, my "rolls" will be exposed but that's what i'm at the gym for!!

justagirl2.jpg
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I love people watching and grew up doing it with my sisters and family. I wear tight fit styles and wear them a size bigger because I don't like to feel my clothes cling to my body. I have many friends at the gym who wear more revealing clothing and I couldn't imagine thinking that they have less respect for themselves because of it. We go to the gym to workout and yes socialize a bit (say hello and see how far we have come with our lifting and bodies) it is a bit competitive but in a healthy way not to put each other down but to encourage each other to go longer and harder.
    For those of you who think people who wear less clothing to the gym have less respect for themselves you are very wrong. Clothing at the gym has nothing to do with the way we respect our bodies, they way we workout and eat does. :flowerforyou:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Personally I wear either looser workout pants or tight capris. I still have a ways to go for my goal, but in reality, I find the tighter pants way less annoying, and I am sad when I need to do laundry, and don't have workout clothes because I am left with the other pants that are loser!

Generally speaking, I wear semi-fitted and longer tops, because I like to cover my butt when wearing tight pants. If I had Kim K's butt I'd probably have a different opinion. I usually wear a scoop neck top because the higher ones are not comfy, so I don't usually wear regular t-shirts. It just gets too hot.

So I actually wear more fitted stuff because it is more comfy! When I wear the baggier stuff, I actually feel more uncomfortable. I do feel uncomfortable when my sports bra peeks out! I think I have too much cleavage then, so I usually double layer to keep it pretty covered.
  • Bikini27
    Options
    here's my outfit for the gym today.. tee is fitted and so are pants but this is comfortable for ME. i'm aware when i sit, my "rolls" will be exposed but that's what i'm at the gym for!!

justagirl2.jpg

You look fab!!
    Work it girl!!
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    I actually don't look all that great in the tighter tops, but I wear them because they hold my boobies down and if I were to put something baggy over to cover it I'd get too uncomfortable with the sweatiness from working out.
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    What bothers me is when people wear stuff that does not fit period. I'm sorry, I'm a big person and I wear appropriate clothes to cover it up. I do not wear tight too short things that expose all this fat! That's gross even to me. There is one girl in particular that goes to our gym and goes to the pool and she wears a bikini. I don't really get wearing your bikini to the gym pool but whatever. But this girl is big enough to look like she's pregnant (I know she's not it's just how she carries her weight) and the bottoms which are more short like have half her butt hanging out, and the top is at least a cup size too small. Really? You really think people want to see you like this? Get a one piece and cover up! It kills me because these people who aren't THAT overweight, they could look FANTASTIC and no one would even know they are overweight if they would just dress appropriately but instead they think tight clothes make this look smaller and they look twice as big!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is when people wear stuff that does not fit period. I'm sorry, I'm a big person and I wear appropriate clothes to cover it up. I do not wear tight too short things that expose all this fat! That's gross even to me. There is one girl in particular that goes to our gym and goes to the pool and she wears a bikini. I don't really get wearing your bikini to the gym pool but whatever. But this girl is big enough to look like she's pregnant (I know she's not it's just how she carries her weight) and the bottoms which are more short like have half her butt hanging out, and the top is at least a cup size too small. Really? You really think people want to see you like this? Get a one piece and cover up! It kills me because these people who aren't THAT overweight, they could look FANTASTIC and no one would even know they are overweight if they would just dress appropriately but instead they think tight clothes make this look smaller and they look twice as big!

Wow. I...wow.
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    trust me we are looking at you!!!:love:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    i totally agree!

and at least where i live, it is the same everywhere. most people my age and younger are going to clubs, school, anywhere wearing the least amount of clothing possible and whether or not they have a good figure all a guy is gonna want them for is one thing and people need to learn to respect themselves these days!
    One thing only.......to make a sammich

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR8XR5X7qFyfLqGsnCA0jXE-wgxpmXEPebngTmgFIc2myGoihoA9mlS4NF
  • Bikini27
    Options

Wow. I...wow.

To your wow, I add this:
    Judging a person does not define who they are.
    Judging a person defines who you are.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options

Wow. I...wow.

I agree. That was pretty hateful and sad. I hope this person has success in their weight loss efforts because that's a lot of negative energy about oneself that is getting directed outwards and strangers that did absolutely nothing to her to deserve this. FlowerforthatLadyandforthosearoundher
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options

Wow. I...wow.

To your wow, I add this:

Don't know what to say to the first post quoted, so harsh. Love the responses.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I wear tighter pants than I should at the gym, because, damn I just lost 50lbs!

My last pants were falling off me by the time I brought new ones. I plan on wearing these too tight pants til they are falling off me too!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    How do you know how much self respect a person has by looking at their gym attire? Or any of their clothing?
    I love seeing people wear whatever they want because they don't give a crap about what you think.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I wear tighter pants because my butt and thighs look awesome from the running, squatting, and lunging that I do, along with stregth-training, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna hide 'em just because other people don't like me flaunting them. Seriously, do someone else's gym wear choices really affect you that much? Do they cause your brain to cross-wire and malfunction at the sight, rendering your activity for the day useless?

Probably not.

If you don't like their choices, don't look. Because at the end of the day, you do your thing, they do their's, and everybody ends up happy.

And I'll add this: "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." -Eleanor Roosevelt