Need to get healthy.

Options
Hi y'all.

I'm starting here... hoping that counting my actual calories eaten in a day will give me the wake up call that I need.

Oct 2011... I had what should have been a major wake up call. Diabetes complications (only complicated because b.s.'s are out of control)... changed a small spider bite into a diabete food ulcer. Had to be in hospital 2 days & cut out skin..

Had to go back to wound clinic for almost 2 months... While I kept blood sugars good, as soon as I saw the wound and while I was healing... they said that most of the damage done was because my bloodsugars were not in control for the 2-3 months before the infection.

So, here I am back up again to 215 lbs (220 was highest I've ever been, but in past 5 years, never gotten below 205 again.
Haven't been below 200 for probably 10 years.

My first goal is to break the 200 lb barrier... and stay there for a while.
I know I can do that "easily" by walking daily & eating right. It's just that I give up so quickly. I do good for about a week, then.. I binge. I eat lots of carbs & really don't give a hoot. I enjoy the chocolate more than the 2 lbs lost, so it is so hard to keep going. Especially if I am down about hubby or work.

Yes, if work goes bad that day... I'm very "unconscious" about what I'm eating. I hope that I will keep putting in the true value of foods I eat, so that I can see how much I am actually eating. Hoping that will motivate me to stay with the healthier foods.

Good luck to all the other newbies out there. Hope all will go well.

Replies

• Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Feel free to add me for support,if you wish. :smile:
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My weight issues are similar to yours although I'm not diabetic. I found that getting more exercise so that I could eat what I want (within reason) & still lose weight seems to be helping me stay on track. Also I am not gonna concentrate on the # of my weight anymore I'm making better choices my priority. Feel Free to add me if you want.