need help in getting out of my rut

Options
The last couple of months I have had so much stress ... I am an emotional eater. I can't stop myself.
When I first signed up on this site I lost 35lbs. But have gained that back and then some. I started walking on the treadmill a couple of weeks ago... but stopped have no energy what so ever when I get home from work. And mornings I barely can get up I am so tired. I normally get up late and have to rush and making my kids rush and it's VERY stressful in the mornings. Wen I come home from work I put my yoga pants on make supper for the kids let them eat clean up then I sit and I don't want to move until it's time for everyone to go to bed. Weekends we have my partners kids EVERY weekend. And my kids go to their dads every 2nd weekend. I feel like I am a maid to this kids 24-7. I have NO social life no friends and feeling very lonely which makes me eat and then feel bad. My partner is a homebody and is VERY lazy himself. He doesn't take me out at all anymore. We don't really have the $$ to go out.

I need help I need to get out of this rut I just can't seem to shake. Where do I find the energy to workout. How do I make that voice inside me SHUT UP teling me it's ok to stuff myself with food instead of working out. I read the success stories on here every single day and it still nothing inside me says I should do it. I need to do it. I tell myself you only have one life your kids need you. That doesn't work. HELP!!!

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    no advice??? nothing??
  • snugglesworthjr
    snugglesworthjr Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    perhaps get your partner to help with the kids or cooking or something? not sure how to help with reducing the stress of your private life since I've never experienced any of that myself. on the weight loss front, here's an awesome motivation technique that has worked well for me thus far:

http://www.dextronet.com/blog/2011/04/achieving-goals-like-a-mad-klingon/
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a total stress level (emotional, physical, mental). If you overwhelm yourself in one area, it affects what you can handle in others. Some people find exercise helps reduce stress. To others it's yet another burden. I don't know what will work for you, but you need a way to reduce your emotional stress. Maybe it's getting those around your to chip in more, or maybe it's a mindset change. Take a look at what happens in your life and ask 'Can others help me with this' or 'How can I think of this in a different way to make it easier?'.

Take a look at your diet. If you aren't eating the right amounts of healthy food it's going to be hard to have the energy for anything. Buy veggies to snack on-that way if you are feeling the need to eat you aren't killing yourself calorie-wise.

Your partner can help watch the kids- take 30-60 minutes of 'me' time-even 15 min to walk around the block a few times might really help. As for getting yourself off the couch to do it...tell yourself it's your sanity break.

I don't know the reality of your life, but from your post it sounds like you feel overwhelmed and unsupported. You could probably benefit from being able to talk to someone about it. There are lots of counselors you can talk to that will help give you strategies for coping. Your work may have an employee assistance program or you can look for counselors with a sliding-fee scale- you can find some with a Google search.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    perhaps get your partner to help with the kids or cooking or something? not sure how to help with reducing the stress of your private life since I've never experienced any of that myself. on the weight loss front, here's an awesome motivation technique that has worked well for me thus far:

http://www.dextronet.com/blog/2011/04/achieving-goals-like-a-mad-klingon/
    Thanks for that link-love it.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to speak to your partner about helping with the kinds so you have a little time to yourself and as for working out try getting a work out DVD for home so it doesnt cost the money and you can still work out in between looking after the kids. Also what about getting the kinds involved going for walks or something with them? Getting them involved in making the food and stuff making it fun for you and them?
    If you want to add me as some extra support on here im good with that drop me a line
    You do this I know you can xxx
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I don't have kids... but I do live with family that can drive me crazy...
    And it sounds to me that you need a little "me time".
    I see that you have some beautiful doggies, maybe you can put on some comfortable clothes and some good shoes and take them for a walk.
    Is there a park nearby, regular or dog park?
    Take the doggies and kiddos there. While the kids are playing walk the dogs, effectively getting in a workout that doesn't FEEL like a workout... and who knows, you might meet another dog lover or mom there and make some new friends.

As far as the rest of the rut, start by gradually making good choices, don't try to go cold turkey on anything, that's a recipe for failure.
    You're feeling sad and wanna eat "comfort food"... Opt for an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter instead.
    At dinner go ahead and eat some spaghetti (or what ever it is that you want), but go for a serving size and make sure to fill up on veggies with it..

You can do this, things will get better!
  • suzholm
    suzholm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you had a check up to be sure your fatigue is not anemia or thyroid related?
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Have you had a check up to be sure your fatigue is not anemia or thyroid related?

no I was supposed to go for my yearly check up in Feb but since I gained back all my weight and then some I can't bring myself to go see my doctor. Last time I was this heavy she told me that I was going to die if I didn't do anything.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Oh huni you can do this and when you do youll show everyone You can do this xxx