One Year In, 20lbs down only about 10 more to go!

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
Ok here we go! It's been a looong slooow year but I Finally got to my 20lbs lost mark and only have about 10 more or so and lost of toning to go! Pretty exciting :o) I started out 74% of the last year eating MFP's recommended low calorie level and then two months ago increased calories to about 2000 a day gross and personally that's when I can see the biggest changes! The middle pictures were taken before increasing calories and the bottom pictures are from today so about 2 months into eating more food!! I haven't changed my workout routine at ALL. I've greatly increased calories (from about 1380 per mfp to a deficit off my TDEE eating 2000 a day), greatly increased protein, carbs, fat and fiber and look where it's gotten me! fit and healthy with the nutritional needs to feed my muscle properly to be able to burn the fat. YAY FOOD!!!!

Before I didn't take a shot from the rear unfortunately but I started at:
Wt 174lbs
Bust 40.5
Waist 34.5
Hips 43

Beforesidebyside.jpg

Just two and half months ago Jan 2012 I was eating at MFP's crazy low calorie level and was:
Wt 162.0 lbs
Bust 39.25
Waist 33.25
Hips 43

Midjansidebyside.jpg

Then in Jan and Feb I increased my calories- baby stepped up over the month from 1600 to 1994 and today I'm 2100-2200 and am:
wt 154.0
Bust 39
Waist 31
Hips 41

March2012.jpg

Replies

• maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yay'! Wow! I could tell the difference! Congratulations!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I love that you did it by EATING!! Way to go--such a great improvement.
  • Starlage
    Options
    Thanks guys!! Yeah I've definitely been EAAATTING the last two months! It's been so nice after most of a year at about 1300 cals :o)
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Congrats, looking amazing!
  • Starlage
    Options
    thank you!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    The sideshot pics are great! and your hips are much smoother! Very nice!
  • Starlage
    Options
    thanks jenny!! Getting less lumpy and bumpy as time goes on :o)
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    What a difference! Congrats on your successes! So many of us are scared to increase the cals but the proof is in the pudding!
  • Starlage
    Options
    it was scary for me too, but I did it in babysteps a couple hundred at a time and I definitely yoyo'd with my weight getting as high as +4lbs but your metabolism will adjust :o)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference Starla! WTG! Lookin' good....

Jenny
  • Starlage
    Options
    Thanks jenny!! :o)
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Very well done - WTG!

Just increased my calories too as i've been stuck in a plateau for ageess! Hope it pays off too like yours did - registering an increase at the moment though.
  • Starlage
    Options
    oOOOooo Good luck!! It took a heck of a lot of fatih and patience! There are a few times when my weight yoyo'd up a few pounds that I wanted to throw in the towel and drop calories but I'm glad I stuck with it because my weight's finally stabalized at my lowest prior calorie increase weight and now it should start dropping again in the next few weeks. Takes awhile for your body to get the new game.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have been on MPF for over a year and stuck at 15lbs weight loss. It looks like we are similar in weight & sizes. I have recently uped my protein intake but am keeping it at 1200 calories per day. I am having some improvement but not like yours. Can you give me some pointers on how you upped your calorie intake--did you eat all protein?
  • Starlage
    Options
    all protein ;NO WAY- I couldn't survive on that. I love carbs too much! :happy: I'm an everything in moderation kinda gal. I haven't cut out anything really I just try not to eat much extra sugar or bad carbs. My ratios are 40%protein, 30% each carbs and fats so I've upped my protein to 1g per pound of LBM which for my height (5'1") seems to range between 105-120 so I've been shooting for that everyday, usually going over. Carbs I shoot for 200g or less and fats I try to stay 75-85 but usually go over a little. Oh and sugar? I stopped following MFP's recommendations a long time ago. It's normal to be higher because of fruit and dairy so I shoot for 64g a day. I'm currently working on making dietary changes like stopping no calorie sweeteners and start using actual sugar or honey etc, stop buying "sugar free and low fat" kinda stuff- mainly make changes from quantity low cal to quality higher cal. It's quite a learning curve though, definitely not there yet! I'd say figure out what your TDEE is and then gradually work your calories up, maybe 100 more a day for a week, up the next week or something like that.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! I can really see the difference in your pictures.

Keep up the good work !!!
  • Starlage
    Options
    thanks shirley! Without the pictures I honestly didn't realize my stomach had flattened out so much! lol. "chubby girl glasses" is something I definitely suffer from.
  • Its_My_Time
    Its_My_Time Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Thanks so much for sharing :) I really need the motivation! Keep the great job!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    more proof that eating works - great job!!
  • Starlage
    Options
    thank you!!:blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!