Can this hunger be a side effect of food addiction?

Options
Lately, it seems like I'll eat lunch or dinner, it doesn't matter which, and then about 30-60 minutes later, my stomach will feel empty. I've been going over my calories almost every day. I've been doing so good with will power and all that but lately, it's just been harder and harder to pass up McDonald's quarter pounder and french fries. I know it's not good for me, and I do not eat it, but I'm secretly screaming inside. It's almost depressing. It's kind of an emotional thing. I've been so dependent on certain foods and now I've cut all ties with them. I suppose I was more addicted to food than I thought? I just feel like I've lost some friends. Do I sound like an idiot? Or is this the rantings of a crazy woman? Cause I swear I've been having fantasies about eating Taco Bell and all kinds of fast foods. Please don't tell me I'm the only one that stays up late at night dreaming about Popeye's fried chicken and biscuits!

Replies

• jcarter0525
    jcarter0525 Posts: 84
    Options
    Lately, it seems like I'll eat lunch or dinner, it doesn't matter which, and then about 30-60 minutes later, my stomach will feel empty. I've been going over my calories almost every day. I've been doing so good with will power and all that but lately, it's just been harder and harder to pass up McDonald's quarter pounder and french fries. I know it's not good for me, and I do not eat it, but I'm secretly screaming inside. It's almost depressing. It's kind of an emotional thing. I've been so dependent on certain foods and now I've cut all ties with them. I suppose I was more addicted to food than I thought? I just feel like I've lost some friends. Do I sound like an idiot? Or is this the rantings of a crazy woman? Cause I swear I've been having fantasies about eating Taco Bell and all kinds of fast foods. Please don't tell me I'm the only one that stays up late at night dreaming about Popeye's fried chicken and biscuits!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    No, you're not the only one! haha

Maybe you can just have a little bit, like one item from the menu? But, if you're like me, that isn't possible. I was telling a friend tonight that I can't have peanut butter in my apartment, I'd eat the jar in two sittings...she said "Well, get the singe serving packs..." Yeah, I'd eat all of them! I just can't be around it.
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE NOT ALONE.. I MISS "MY FOOD" !! LOL :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • RXchic
    RXchic Posts: 47
    Options
    You are suffering from what I call "food fantasies." The commericals on TV drive me nuts! I know the food is never as good as they make it look, but I still long for it. Try allowing yourself small helpings now & then IF you think you can stick with that. The old potatoe chip slogan "you can't have just one" is totally true for me :devil: - so I stay away completely!!
    Good luck :wink:
  • fayjaimike
    fayjaimike Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't worry! It will pass eventually! Just continue to stay away from those foods, and start to eat healthier alternatives and many of the cravings will pass. You will feel more energetic, healthier and happier.. just give it time!

Hope this helps! =D
  • meaganrh
    meaganrh Posts: 24
    Options
    Add more protein and complex carbs to your meals to see if that helps.
    They digest more slowly and release into your blood stream at a more controlled rate.
    Sometimes those hunger pangs are a side effect of a blood sugar imbalance.
    I especially think this because of the time you mentioned 20-30 minutes.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You are suffering from what I call "food fantasies." The commericals on TV drive me nuts! I know the food is never as good as they make it look, but I still long for it. Try allowing yourself small helpings now & then IF you think you can stick with that. The old potatoe chip slogan "you can't have just one" is totally true for me :devil: - so I stay away completely!!
    Good luck :wink:

Those darn commercials!! ALL I think about now is the Baskin Robbins new Soft Serve in 31 flavors!!!! YUMMMMM...I've resisted for 2 weeks now! I might splurge this weekend though.... I feel like that commercial comes on every 15 minutes! "Don't be so vanilla..." UGH!:sad:
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I went through sugar detox I felt that way. (bye to white flour products, refined sugars) Could never seem to fill up the tummy. I felt like I was eating chinese food for every meal and being ravenous 30 minutes later.

I also noticed myself being more hungry when I start a diet because I feel I'm being deprived.
  • ummmkristin
    ummmkristin Posts: 21
    Options
    You are suffering from what I call "food fantasies." The commericals on TV drive me nuts!

This is where my DVR comes in handy!!!