Nutritional values when scanning

Options
christa96
christa96 Posts: 153 Member
I know I've read posts about my question but I don't remember the answer to it so I will ask again. When scanning barcodes with my phone there are some occasions where the scanned information does not match the nutritional information on the label. Which do I use?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Up to you isn't it? I'd use the label, personally.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Use the label. It has to be accurate, MFP doesn't. If the scanner brings up the wrong information, search the database manually for a correct entry or create your own.
    7. FOOD DATABASE AND NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

MyFitnessPal’s food database contains a combination of nutritional information entered directly by MyFitnessPal and nutritional information entered by MyFitnessPal members (“Food Database”). Any MyFitnessPal member can contribute nutritional information to the Food Database, as well as edit existing nutritional information. Please be advised that nutritional information found in MyFitnessPal’s Food Database has not been reviewed by persons with the expertise required to provide You with complete, accurate, or reliable information. MYFITNESSPAL DOES NOT (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IN THE FOOD DATABASE; OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MYFITNESSPAL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information in the Food Database is accurate, complete and useful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/terms_of_use
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thank you!