Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    :bigsmile: :wink: :sad:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I really do. I know exactly what your going through. I still shudder when I think about trying to deal with my daughter's puberty. Why didn't someone warn me!? But just remember, this too shall pass. The rest of us survived and you will too. Hopefully your daughter will too. :laugh: :laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My mom was strict on me. She and I butted heads big time when I was a teenager.

But then as I got older, in college, we became really, really close. She was my best friend.

I am a motherless daughter now and it truly does define who I am. I would give anything to go back in time now and hang out with her.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommies out there :heart:
    I totally understand. This will be my 1st Mother's day without my mother, my best friend, it is also the month of my late fathers birthday and the month that my mother passed away. Not a good month for me.

Happy Mothers Day to all mommies!!!! Cherish this time!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I feel for you. I really do. I know exactly what your going through. I still shudder when I think about trying to deal with my daughter's puberty. Why didn't someone warn me!? But just remember, this too shall pass. The rest of us survived and you will too. Hopefully your daughter will too. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm a little concerned about her surviving it! I did talk to her just a little bit ago and she seems to be over her hissy fit. I'm still chuckling a little about the whole "worse than the devil" thing. That child. I swear, sometimes. At least I stayed pretty calm last night and didn't lose my temper :devil:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    UGH, I dread the teenage years with my daughter. She is awful already, talking back, disrespect, etc. and if she is anything like I was as a teenager, God help me.

"Lil of the old mother's curse coming back on you, huh?? You know the "Someday you'll have one just like you" bit. Yeah - I see why mothers say that now - it helps get through the rough patches without landing in the State Pen

Yeah, I believe so. My mom says I was terrible when I was a child, and I was a really wild teenager, oh my just thinking about it makes me cringe. The old saying you reap what you sew comes to mind when I think about it.

You know I don't know at all what your are talking about *whistles innocently* :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: