Ever listen to music in secret :-?

Options
2»

Replies

• SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yep! All the time.
    It's not that I'm ashamed of what music I listen to, it's just none of my friends or family like Korean, Japanese, French, or Russian music :p
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Funny you should say that...yesterday while I was killing time until I had to pick up my husband...I spent time on youtube looking up artists from my childhood and watching videos...a few I can admit I listened to now but then it wouldn't have happened...and a few I loved to mention because none of my friends had ever heard of them.

So I watched videos for:
    NSync
    Youngstown
    S Club 7
    STEPS

and a few others..
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Totally not alone, I can't let my kids hear some of the music I like. We have a no "b word" policy for our music. But on the headphone's I totally rock it out. My husband also doesn't know that I totally listen to the nickelodeon music too. (Victorious, Miley Cirus, that group) I really like some of their songs, and I've always liked pop music.
    Though my husband makes fun of it a handful of country is also on my iPod, red solo cup being number one!
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone! I listen to mostly acoustic singer/songwriters, but keep Avril Lavinge and Miley Cyrus hidden on my iPod.

Funny story though. I dated a guy who once told me when he was in high school (during the 'boy band' phase) he loved N*Sync and Backstreet Boys, but was utterly embarassed about it. He had posters on his wall that he'd cover with baseball posters when his friends would come over!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    well if you mean singing it while you drive down the highway I'm with you ... Irish bands would be mine

fav one ... flogging molly - kiss me i'm sh*tfaced
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I secretly listen to Eminem, I might be one of the last people you would look at and think ”oh she would”, lol. But I do. I love it. XD
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    well if you mean singing it while you drive down the highway I'm with you ... Irish bands would be mine

That song cracks me up! Ahhhh Flogging Molly... I like Best Day Since Yesterday
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes - love 80's, oldies, classic rock, etc. I don't really tell anyone but it isn't a secret... Most of my friends listen to current/modern top 40 kind of music... Which I don't mind for the most part either...

Of course at the moment I am really into modern rock. I go through phases and love so many genres of music.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    In high school I was a metal head, as we're all my frends. What they didn't know is that I loved Prince, Devo, and Bee Gees. Mostly loved my metal, but my taste was always way more diverse than just one genre. It was ok to like jazz and classical and stuff like that, but pop music was shunned. Lol.
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options

WORST. It's been the WORST day since yesterday. WTF did ”best” come from?! When did I become such a flaming optimist?! lmao
  • Caitlin_Elle
    Options
    Yeah, when I was a bit younger, about 14 I used to listen to some of the chart stuff in secret, at that time I was so focused on being well..'different' (I really wasn't-just another little annoying scene kid) I hid that I liked some of that because I listened to pop punk with my friends. But when I went 15 I grew up a bit and learned better than that. Now 17 I listen to whatever I like :D and that's a bit of everything really, I like to broaden my horizons so I'm up for any genre.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I listen to, and love, all kinds of music. I have no issue with telling people what kind of music I listen to, but they would only ever hear typically popular music playing in my car or home. I doubt friends really want to go from metal to rock to 60s, to 70s, to 80s, to 90s, to 00s, to the most recent music, to opera, to country, to celtic, to cheese, to musicals, to Disney soundtracks, to indie and RnB in one sitting. I have a section of my MP3 player, and playlists on my computer, purely made up of the songs everyone seems to like - they're the only ones I play in public, though my fiancé hears (and hates) an extremely wide variety.
  • DAMNCHARLIE
    DAMNCHARLIE Posts: 569
    Options
    I will listen to L.L. Cool Jay, Lil Wayne, Alanis Morrisette, Hinder I listen to everything that sounds good. However I only listen to "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell in private. I dont wont no one to know!
  • celticgladiator
    celticgladiator Posts: 49 Member
    Options

WORST. It's been the WORST day since yesterday. WTF did ”best” come from?! When did I become such a flaming optimist?! lmao

wow, a flaming optimist!!! now ive heard it all lol
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    In junior high I hid the fact I listened to Opera and musicals because I was going through a Goth phase and everyone expects you to listen to nothing but Marilyn Manson or Korn or Slipknot or any other weird/hate or anger filled music. But at home before my mom got off work I'd sing "Ah! Je ris de me voir", a cheery aria from Faust and a whole bunch of songs from musicals like Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, and Avenue Q. I had one friend who knew, but she was kind of an idiot so it didn't kill me to talk Broadway with her at lunch. The rest of the time I was the creepy girl who talked about stuff like serial killers.

When I moved at 15 I dropped the goth thing and just became "that chick who likes musicals and old books" since I also read classic literature. I read Les Miserables twice my 6th grade year because it was the biggest book the school library had that wasn't a dictionary.

Still kinda hide some music on my playlist. I hate Lady Gaga's music and her showboating but I have "Bad Romance" on my Walkman simply because I heard it once and it was stuck in my head for a month straight. I also have some AQUA, which is a group people seem to love ragging on. But hey whatever.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    that scene from office space.. you know the one where the guy is "bustin rhymes" in the car... yeah that would be me !!! :embarassed: