This is Me

Hi, everyone! My name is Michelle Zeman. I'm 20 years old, and I'm a senior at Ball State University. I joined MyFitnessPal after being recommended it from a friend of mine.

I've been very overweight almost my entire life, and I never really cared. It took going to the hospital and having extremely bad back pain on four different occasions for me to realize that I needed to make a change.

On December 31, 2011, I decided that I didn't want to make any more excuses. On January 1, 2012, I started what I personally call My Weight Loss Journey. On January 1, I weighed in at 240 pounds. For a girl who is 5'5", that's obese. Right now, I'm currently at 212 pounds, so I've lost 28 pounds so far. Ideally, I'd like to weigh somewhere in the 130-150 range. I'm not 100% sure if I want to lean towards hitting 150 or 130, but I guess we'll see as time goes on.

I've come a long way so far, and I have no intentions at all of giving up - even when I hit plateaus.

Also, if any of you are interested, I have a Weight Loss blog on Wordpress. To go to it, go to http://michellezeman.wordpress.com.
It gives details about some of the ups, downs, twists, and turns of the journey I've been on so far.

Thank you for reading my story - I can't wait to hear your's :)