HIIT advice

Options
ce_fit
ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
I just completed my first HIIT workout today on the stationary bike. 10 min warm up then 8 sets of (30sec all out then 2 min recovery) 30 min moderate pace & 5 min cool down. Legs definatley felt the burn. I am planning on doing a simalar set, 2x a week out of the 4 workouts a week I do. I am looking for advice, comments and suggestions on my HIIT training & any other tidbit you would like to throw my way . Thank-you in advance for your time! Below is some information about me and my workouts.

I am a 53 yr old 6'1" male getting back into shape. Down to 218 lbs & would like to get to 200 lbs eventually. My excercise regime started in the new year. I have progressed to 4 workouts a week consisting of 65 min cardio (elliptical or stationary bike) followed by 30 min weight circuit on machines (Golds gym). On the weights I am doing 3sets of 15 reps per machine. 1 more week of that routine and then I will be uping the weight to bring my reps down to the 8-12 rep range. I really can not add anymore days to my workout routine. One final note is about heart beat. Generally I train between 120 - 150 bpm for cardio portion per the machines HRM. Did not get a reading today as the HRM was not working.

Replies