Looking for friends that follow paleo, primal, low carb, glu

Options
scubagoil
scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
I am fairly new to this forum and would love to add some friends to encourage me on this journey!

About a year ago, I learned that I have a gluten intolerance. I tried using the low carb products for bread, crackers, pasta, etc. Those products tend to have more calories than traditional wheat products... I was also "treating" myself to lots of candy and ice cream that was gluten free. Needless to say, I starting putting on weight!

I decided it made a lot of sense in my case to go back to the low carb diet I had done years ago. I am really enjoying the food and am not missing the wheat products at all. My biggest hurdle is cutting back on sweets, but I know from experience that once I remove them from my diet for a week or so, I will be fine!

I am really focusing now on getting as much organic (and when not available, natural) food into my diet as I can afford.

I am looking for the support of others that are trying to eat healthy and remove many processed foods from their diets...

Just a side note because there is a lot of friction on the boards when it comes to the discussion of paleo/low carb vs calorie counting.... I COMPLETELY understand this way of eating is not for everyone... my BF would never follow a low carb plan, so we just cook separate meals. My mother would never give up her bread (even though she has a gluten sensitivity and is aware of how much better she feels when she removes gluten from her diet!) You would have to pry it out of her cold dead hands! It's just what happens to work for me!

Replies

• fieldsy4life
    Options
    Thanks for the add. Bump!
  • projectsign
    Options
    I am currently on a low carb (Atkins72 ver) as well as counting calories to boot. Let me know if I can be of any help and best of luck to you.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am currently following the Eat Clean diet. Its really not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I haven't eaten any sugars or white flours in two weeks and no processed foods, including sweeteners. I have been eating a limited amount of homemade wheat bread. I have been eating nothing processed. I feel better than I have in years! If you haven't checked out kalynskitchen.com, you should. Amazing low carb recipes. I really am not intentionally counting calories, but in following this diet, I am under in calories anyways because the foods are so healthy. Feel free to add me if you want support!
  • spaz4me2
    spaz4me2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Loving my clean eating lifestyle...lost a lot, still have a lot to lose. Would like some clean, healthy whole foodies as friends ;-)
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'll send a request for sure.....I am just starting out in a gradual shift to hopefully completely paleo in a year or so. I say gradual because I know if I try to give up all my favorites, all at once I won't do it. So I"m slowly lowering carbs with the goal of eliminating all but those coming from fruit/veggies. And gradually making my shift. But my ultimate goal is Paleo. So I'd love to connect! I have MS and have read a lot about how Paleo really helps symptoms. (I live a fully functioning life but am always looking for ways to treat my body right!)

Julie
  • ainembol
    ainembol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just joined this site b/c a friend recommended it. I also am looking to find some paleo people here....so happy to see there are some :)

Athena
  • angelasmith230
    angelasmith230 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I just joined myfitnesspal this weekend but have been following a paleo-ish diet for the last month or so. I unfortunately have PCOS which makes it hard to lose weight so I really need to watch my carb and sugar intake.

I love the paleo lifestyle because it gears you towards eating whole organic unprocessed foods. I have even found tons of recipes online using whole ingredients. I just made butternut squash pancakes this morning with almond meal, steamed squash, eggs and a teaspoon of pure maple syrup... delicious!! :)
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Currently on a keto diet. Shoot me an add if you like :)