Daily Calories

2»

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Well lets see for breakfast I eat fat free cottage cheese and a cup of strawberries and it really really feels me up, for lunch I eat a lean pocket and a fat free pudding and for dinner it varies. I work anight job so I dont eat dinner until around 11-12. In between all my meals I drink tons and tons of water. I always feel hungry while im at work however I dont have time to eat. I know its not healty but I dont really have a choice. This is however my 3rd day so I do have some days off heading my way so Im sure ill be between 1200-1500.

are you getting any veggies?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    I eat anywhere from 1300-1600 but I exercise almost 5-6 days a week so I get an extra 500-600 calories. I try not to eat them all back so I have a little cushion.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    LOL yes I get veggies usually with dinner I have salad or chicken and veggies or something like that.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    :explode: I am fighting being "stuck" I was eating 1400 + exercise cals. for the first 4 weeks I lost 2 lbs a week then it all stopped. I lost 2 lbs over the last 8weeks. this sucks...:noway: . So 3 weeks ago I lowered my cals to 1200, and only eat half my exercise Cal's, I work out 4-5 days week, walk/run on treadmil 45-70 min. and still virtually nothing. I also do some strength/core work and I rarely go over on my cals, and if I do it might be by 50 or so.:grumble: So, this last week I have started to try to lower my carbs, I thought that yesterday I had gone down 1lb for this week, but this morning it was back up to the same 159. I am so frustrated. I had a cup of soup,"light 50 cals" yesterday and I'm not used to the processed foods and the salt so I am hoping it is just the water. But still I'm ready to scream.
    I was really hopeing to have lost these last 9 lbs by the end of July and now I don't think it will happen.:cry:
    P.S. not due to TOM either...:sick:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    I eat somewhere around 1870 cals a day and if I exercise I burn somewhere between 500 to 800. I usually try to eat a majority of those exercise cals back and I'm steadily dropping one pound a week.

:explode: I am fighting being "stuck" I was eating 1400 + exercise cals. for the first 4 weeks I lost 2 lbs a week then it all stopped. I lost 2 lbs over the last 8weeks. this sucks...:noway: . So 3 weeks ago I lowered my cals to 1200, and only eat half my exercise Cal's, I work out 4-5 days week, walk/run on treadmil 45-70 min. and still virtually nothing. I also do some strength/core work and I rarely go over on my cals, and if I do it might be by 50 or so.:grumble: So, this last week I have started to try to lower my carbs, I thought that yesterday I had gone down 1lb for this week, but this morning it was back up to the same 159. I am so frustrated. I had a cup of soup,"light 50 cals" yesterday and I'm not used to the processed foods and the salt so I am hoping it is just the water. But still I'm ready to scream.
    I was really hopeing to have lost these last 9 lbs by the end of July and now I don't think it will happen.:cry:
    P.S. not due to TOM either...:sick:

I've heard that the less you have to loose, the more you should consider eating your net calories plus your exercise cals. You should consider investing into a heart rate monitor to see how many cals your buring. You might be burning more then you think you are.

Your body is a furnace, the less food you feed it, its less likely to let go of the fat. It slows down your metabolism.

I've always heard the old saying if you want to burn it, you have to consume it.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Between 1200-1600.
    Depends how busy I am or how hard I've exercised.
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    I'm on 1,200. I too, try my best not to eat any of the exercise calories, but if I do, I do... that's what they're there for - back up. :wink:
    As long as I don't go over, I'm happy.

Do you mean you just eat your 1200 and and don't count the exercise ones unless you want a little treat? If so, that's what I startied doing but I was sooo ravenous from my workouts that I needed to eat them. Hehe. Now I try to burn around 800 calories or under at the gym. It's a fine balance. ;)

Sorry I didn't get any notifications of replies to this for some reason.... Yes I try to just stick to my 1200 calories. I do put my exercise calories on the journal, but try not to use them.... if I do go over, it's usually on a high exercise day, and the most I will eat on that day is 1500 calories.
    I normally work out 5 days a week, and burn off between 450 to 750 a day.... on occasion (if I have a day off work) I will do more.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    I stay around 1,750 a day. I burn around 800-900 calories a day from exercise and I do not eat any back . After I lose more weight and am closer to my goal I will consider eating some exercise calories back. Cindy :heart:
This discussion has been closed.