Dairy Free Brands

Options
Does anybody know of any good dairy free brands? Also, does anyone know of any dairy free fast food options? The other night I was in a rush and got a burger without cheese from McDonalds and fries(there must have been dairy in the bun- it gave me the worst stomac ache ever). What is good for dairy free on the run?

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    there's always soy milk and almond milk, probably the easiest to find. there are many other plant milks available.

lactaid milk, too. my husband drinks that sometimes.

you'd really have to look at all of the ingredients for fast foods. your best options would probably be things like salads. are you sure it was the bun and not just the hamburger and fries that upset your stomach? McDonald's does that to me regardless of what i eat there.

another alternative it to take a lactaid caplet. i think they work pretty well.

overall though, if you want to be dairy free, the best option is to probably pack your own food.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Safeway also has 100% lactose free milk in FF, 1%, 2% and REG. I think whey protein is added to nearly EVERY processed food these days as a filler and stabilizer. Too bad.

and what calliope_musi said. Only thing I have found is soy products make me sicker than dairy products, which is common for lactose intolerant people. I also use almond milk and often make my own. You can find several by googling almond milk recipes.
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    So delicious organic unsweetened coconut milk---it's dairy free and is only 50 calories in 1 cup. It's great tasting, enjoy!!
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Subway, Q'doba, Chipotle, falafel trucks (in cities)

There's plenty of dairy-free products by Silk and So Delicious including frozen desserts, milks, yogurts, and cheeses (other companies). Just go to your natural food section of the grocery store for the yogurt and cheeses. You can find the milks and creamers in with the regular dairy section. The ice creams are usually in a separate section with the natural foods, but can sometimes be found with the regular products.
  • katrinalynne1213
    katrinalynne1213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/?p=purely_decadent_cm_cherry_amaretto&gclid=CJb127TX4a4CFeQQNAoddCVNYA

My friend with a dairy allergy likes this brand when she wants ice cream :) It's really delicious if you enjoy a hint of coconut flavor.
  • LilyBit78
    Options
    The dairy is in the fries at mc D. =P
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    The dairy is in the fries at mc D. =P
    There is dairy and/or meat in the EVERYTHING at McD. I just gave up on fast food altogether (except for the odd falafel or chip truck).
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The other option is that your body didn't like late night McDonalds. In that case I would say good for it.
  • HLDun
    HLDun Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have found the best dairy free coffee creamer (for me) is RIPPLE Half and Half. The Lactate pills do work if I'm not eating a lot. For instance, I can eat a few pieces of a store bought frozen pizza because they usually are not loaded with cheese. I keep some Lactate pills in my purse...when we're out and I'm starving, I'll order a fast food burger with no cheese and am ok. The very worst for me is any cream of soup. I made a recipe with cream of mushroom soup for dinner once and was totally miserable the whole evening.